Problem with new Kenwood headunit, CD spins but no power.

Participant count
  • Participant list

toddomg

Hey everyone, I'm new around here. Have a problem I could really use some help with.

Installed a Kenwood KDC-355U headunit today & was surprised to find it did not power up after ignition, but I can hear the CD drive spin for a second when I turn on my car (or reset the unit). It will take in and eject CDs but it does not display anything on the front of the unit & has no sound output whatsoever. I triple checked my wiring & it all seems to be in order.

The fuse on the back of the unit is not blown & I haven't checked the car fuses - but plugging in the factory stereo works just fine so I doubt that's it (unless you guys know something I don't!)

Do I just have a dead unit? This is driving me nuts...

My car: 2002 Saturn SL1, factory everything.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Big thanks!

So even though you triple checked the wires i recommend checking the black red and yellow wires if those wires are fine then check fuses and to check a single wire connect the yellow and red wire and see if that works if that works then you have a blown fuse if you try this and its still not turning on recheck the fuse for the back of the receiver then check fuses in the car and under the hood if applicable

Is the orange illumination wire plugged up? I had the same problem with my JVC head unit and come to find out the orange wire wasn't hooked up so it wasn't illuminating.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.