Problem with my CD5000

guitarz101

Well, I just got a "brand new" Eclipse CD5000 off eBay.

Installed it myself, no problems.

My problem is that the unit won't output any audio when playing CDs. When listening to the radio I have audio, no problem. But when I switch to the CD player it outputs no sound. It even reads the text data for my MP3 CDs but it doesn't put out any sound.

Right now I only have coaxial rear speakers hooked up and powered by the HU.

Anybody, have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks for reading.

sounds like you got the power ant wire hooked up to your harness blue wire,because as long as the radio is on it keeps power to your remote,but when you switch to cd it goes away.

Well, I just got a "brand new" Eclipse CD5000 off eBay.
Installed it myself, no problems.

My problem is that the unit won't output any audio when playing CDs. When listening to the radio I have audio, no problem. But when I switch to the CD player it outputs no sound. It even reads the text data for my MP3 CDs but it doesn't put out any sound.

Right now I only have coaxial rear speakers hooked up and powered by the HU.

Anybody, have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks for reading.
yeah. you used the power antenna wire instead of the rem wire.

disconect the solid blue wire you used. and conect the blue w/white stripe instead.

yeah. you used the power antenna wire instead of the rem wire.
disconect the solid blue wire you used. and conect the blue w/white stripe instead.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll check it out tomorrow. I did connect the blue wire to the blue wire on the wiring harness. My car's power antenna works just fine.

I'll try connecting it to the blue/white. According to the Eclipse installation manual the blue/white is a "turn-on wire of external equipment", which I thought was for an external amplifier. I'll still try it though.

Will let y'all know if that works.

Thanks again for the replies.

how is the cd5000 for the money, i might be ordering it off cardomain with that special 235$ offer and wiring harness/ install kit/ connector kit

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.