Problem with Clarion DXZ-835mp....

Hmmm I have never had a problem playing burned CD's. In fact I burn my MP3 music onto a CD-RW so when I get bored with it I can erase and start over. No problem even in single digit cold weather...

have u tried burning at lower speeds. sometimes a buffer overrun might occur at the end of burning cycle, in the finishing phase. How fast is your system? Too many memory hogs running?
I have an older burner. It's a TDK 16x. Remember, I siad that these CD's play fine everywhere else.

Might be an error on your music that the player might not pick up like variable rate or it just being messed up. Do you use nero to burn them? Ive had that happen like twice on my alpine because of a messed up song i threw on there anyways or accidently putting a different file on.

Might be an error on your music that the player might not pick up like variable rate or it just being messed up. Do you use nero to burn them? Ive had that happen like twice on my alpine because of a messed up song i threw on there anyways or accidently putting a different file on.
I use the VeloCD Writer and the Digital Mix Master. Most of the CD's I have are copies of other CD's...I like to make copies and keep the masters in a safe place.

i dont think variable bitrate mp3's are the problem, almost all the mp3's i have are VBR, and they play fine in my 835MP.

i use any cd-r thats on sale at bestbuy, like memorex, tdk, or fujifilm, and sometimes sony, they all work fine.

try burning slower, and make sure that the mp3's you're burning are proper, i would put my bet on the burning process, since you said that the last 30 seconds doesn't play, it doesn't give you any errors at the end of the burn does it?

Perhaps its the program... I mean most programs allow you to change things like the Joilet and a bunch of other weird things... if you get Nero you can just use the Wizard and the default settings on it

LOL...you guys get off subject so easily. Again it's non-MP3 CD's and it can't be the way that they are burned because they play fine everywhere else but in my car and that's only for the last 30 sec.

I called Clarion and Etronics and they said that I need to return it for them to fix it. They also said that it will take about 90 days to fix it. I'm going to try and have them just give me a new one and I'll send the old one back. I can't go 3 months with no sound...especially with comps comming up.

Just curious how this problem played out.... I also have a dxz-835mp, and am having bizarre problems with it. (In the past, I noticed it was picky about the brand of CDs I used when I burned regular or MP3 cds.)

Its latest, however, is that it isn't happy with any MP3 cds I've burned. I've tried burning at various speeds, etc., using 2 different computers. So I don't think it's the burner or the cd burning process.)

It recognizes the MP3 cd and plays for a while, but after a song or 2 or 3 displays an "error 3" message. (The cds are fine ... not scratched or warped in the least.) It always happens between songs ... like the cd player can't get from the end of one file on the disc to the beginning of the next. If you hit the seek button (like to advance to the next track), it will find the track. Set the thing to random-play and it seems to happen even faster.

In searching the internet for "clarion" "mp3" "error 3" I stumbled on this posting and a few others where it looks like people have had similar problems. Any advice is welcome. Considering just replacing this, which is annoying since I just bought it last year.

Well, the problem still stands. When I play MP3's I don't get an error message and they work fine...except for one file I have. The other thing I noticed is it doesn't like a label on the CD. Don't use a paper stick on labels...just write on it. These don't play for anything.

I guess we kinda have our hands tied because in the owner's manual Clarion covers their a$$ by saying that this unit may not play all types of CD's. What the he!! good is a CD player if it only plays some CD's?!?!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.