Problem with amp and JL subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ruizbra

CarAudio.com Newbie
The Problem: When I start my vehicle and drive or have it playing music for more then a minute, it goes into protection mode.

Specs: 2x JL 8inch 8w3v3-4 amps 4ohms separate and 2 ohms on parallel.
1x 2 channel 750w bluapunkt amp rated 4ohm and 2ohm stability

What I've test so far: I have check ground and resurfaced, Ran 2 ohm parallel (2.3ohm reading) , Separated for 4ohms 2 channel(4.2ohms each), Getting 14.4 volts constant, and running min gain.

The Problem: When I start my vehicle and drive or have it playing music for more then a minute, it goes into protection mode.

Specs: 2x JL 8inch 8w3v3-4 amps 4ohms separate and 2 ohms on parallel.
1x 2 channel 750w bluapunkt amp rated 4ohm and 2ohm stability

What I've test so far: I have check ground and resurfaced, Ran 2 ohm parallel (2.3ohm reading) , Separated for 4ohms 2 channel(4.2ohms each), Getting 14.4 volts constant, and running min gain.
Have you checked the fuse block. With time, tight connections can loosen and cause failure. Refresh those contact points and test again. Remember that getting full voltage does not guarantee a strong connection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...