problem need help!!!!

djjdnap
10+ year member

FreakyFreaks ofall Freaks
indy-nap-lis
Ok i was listenin to my subs..they my amp cut off cuz it was hot.. so i get told to get a 4guage wire.. so i'm listenin to my subs wt my 8guage and it cuts off again,except the fuse blew...Ok so i search for a 45amp fuse.. nowhere to be found need help findin them.. And the 30s keep blowin when i turn my radio up.. and my dad rigged a 60fuse by solderin them all together.. it blew also.. so i thik i just need another 45amp fuse but my dad keeps sayin the circuits in the amp are messed up... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif So i'm stumped ..

But it plays when i only have 1 sub connected... and i'm runnin them at 2ohms and it's 1 ohm stable... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif i'm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif as soon as i get all my stuff somthin fuxs up

try to speak a little better english its kinda hard to understand. but so did u get teh 4 gauge kit yet or not? and we talked about this on another thread all i know about fuses is that theres a fuse holder which connects to the power wire. and the fuse inside it i use an 80 amp and when i use my amp at 1 ohm it blows them like every 2 weeks.

the fuse holder near the battery should hold a much larger fuse... that JBL will **** WAY more current then 45 A... throw in a nice big ole 120A fuse... remember, that fuse is merely protecting your wire and your car, not your amp...

i got the wire.. tuff stuff to work wt...

but i dont have a fuse holder.. i could just buy a big fuse, and wire to wire it:: ---120a----

somthin like that but what i'm sayin is the amp is blowin a fuse when i crank the music up...I got a new 45fuse today played for a while then bloop nothin but treble....

plus i'm runnin it at 2ohms

so u think an inline fuse will stop this from happenin.. well it would't hurt anyway.. i'ma go buy one right now..

this is so dam iritating

ok i see what ur saying now u dont even hhave a fuse. so what fuse are u blowing then. and ur gona be ******* almost as much power from ur electrical system at 2 ohms as 1ohm considering it does the same power at both. Even if the inline fuse doesnt help that is something u should have no matter what. If u still have problems after wiring up the 4 gauge and pputting the inline fuse in then there must be something wrong with the amp....

well i'm back from the audio store.. bought some 60fuses..putt them in the inline and put anotha 40 back in.. turn it up a lil...treble..treble..treble //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif my amps busted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

oh well gotta call up ike and ask him can i return it..got a 1 year warranty so i should be able to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif :eek: i'm disgusted..what coulda made it start messin up.. cuz it says it can take 8 gauge..

IDK i'm confused. i guess i''l leave my circuit breaker in there for now.. so i won't mess up any more fuses..

I'll proly take it out tommorow

:cry:

does the green light on ur amp come on or does the red. u can take the amp to the store and test it to see if its wokring properly. Also u should have the store check out ur wiring and everything. if u send it in to ikesound.com while ur waiting for the new one get that 4 gauge kit installed

i mean niether light comes on.. it plays untill i crank it up. like it's loud but when i want to get real loud it can't do it.. the fuse blows...i pretty much made my own 4gauge kit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But i was driving yesterday and was like hmm let me turn off the radio.. so i turn it off and i can hear my subs playin on have fast i was going the slower i went the louder they got.. so i'm at a stop sighn at it sounds like i'm on a motorcycle...It didn't do this before, how do u get rid of alt whine.. and no my ground is not connected to the battery...

If you used 8ga wire for that JBL1200.1 amp then no wonder it was blowing fuses. For an amp that size you need wire that is capable of carrying the current that the amp draws. 60amp inline fuses will keep blowing and will not work because that amp is drawing much more than 60amps. Your amp is busted due to a faulty install. For an amp that size in a car you would have needed at least 4 guage wire and at least a 150a fuse. Fuses are not there to keep blowing constantly, they are there to protect the amp and your car for that couple of times that something goes wrong if you keep blowing fuses eventually something is gonna break. Even if it says that it is far more efficient you should still allow that extra current when needed.

hmm maybe faulty directions..cuz it says it can have an 8gauge setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif .. and an inline fuse protects the electrical system of the car not the amp... and actually 60a is just fine.. and for the fuses i have they only go up to 80a...

Even if the amp was 100% efficient it would draw around 88 amps. Your inline fuse needs to be large enought to draw that. What kind of car do u own? Also upon reading the owners manual for that amp the max current draw is 114 amp. You need wire and inline fuses large enough to accomodate that. 8 guage wire and a 60 amp fuse just ain't gonna cut it.

yea but me not having an inline fuse wouldn't necesarily mess up my amp..the manual says 8-4gauge....i own a buik skylark, i changed the alt to a 120...besides having a lower size fuse would never hurt anything, becuase it will blow earlier than a bigger one would, which isn't really a problem...

the problem is though is that my amp is messed up,no matter how much we argue, now it's already messed up :eek:

if the fuse on the amp is blowing, and you are getting alternator whine, you might be having ground issues. make sure it is solid, and you scraped of paint to get a good connection. also, check all your other connections. i don't think the amp has a problem, i think the wiring might have a problem. i blew fuses when my ground was loose. Also, the inline fuse should be large enough to accomodate the full current of the amplifier, not enough current could be causing you problems too, the amp is trying to put out x amount of power and it needs y amount of power to do it, if it doesn't have y amount, the fuse blows. so try a bigger fuse, and check the ground.

alright i reconnected everything...fixed the alt whine...

the volt light on my car keeps commin on so i got the battry charger on there now...my dad says the alt might be goin out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ..so i'ma get that looked at one of these days...but it's to late to turn it on right now....

So i'll let yall now what it does tommorow....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.