Problem getting volume out of arc audio flatline

300ZX Twin Turbo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PA
This is just a temp setup until i find another d4 flatline . But ANYWAYS IM USING A ROCKFORD T3002 BRIGED AT 2 OHMS WHICH SUPPOSEDLY PUTS OUT BETWEEN 800-900 WATTS. IM PRETTY SURE I HAVE EVRYTHING HOOKED UP CORRECTLY THE SUB IS ON BUT BARELY EVEN AT HIGH VOLUMES MY COMPS GIVE OUT MORE BASS THAN THE SUB. I KNOW ITS RUNNING BCUZ WHEN I TOUCH THE CONE I FEEL THE VIBRATIONS AND WHEN I TURN THE GAIN UP ALL THE WAY ON THE AMP I GET A LITTLE BIT MORE BASS BUT OBVIOUSLY IM NOT GOING TO LEAVE THE GAINS UP THT HIGH THE BASS IS BARELY AUDIBLE. THERE IS A PROBLEM SOMEWHERE THE SUB IS PLAYING EXTREMELY LOW ANY IDEAS? HU BTW IS AN ALPINE 9887

rcas go from sub output on deck to imput on amp and i wired the sub to 2 ohm like bcae1 said positive to positive neg to neg then to terminals...

did you check the sub level, and crossover on the head unit? What about crossover on the amp ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yup, go back and check HU levels and RCA connections. The next step would be to make sure the amp is bridged correctly. If this is all correct I would get the sub out and ohm the coils to make sure it isn't damaged.

What is ohming I don't have a dmm can u get them at lowes? And how do I set the xover correctly on the amp and the HU... amp has hpf and lpf since its a 2 channel I'm pretty sure its bridged correctly a positive from 1 channel and a neg from1 channel right? This HU being super confusing doesn't help either pretty sure I have it correct subwoofer control is on a changed the phase back in forth no difference in sound changed the subwoofer level all the way up still bass is hardly audible. And I have 4 channel rcas 2 hooked up to 2 channel kicker for my comps and other 2 in the forckford for the sub the kicker amp is working fine on my comps....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.