Preperation for saz-3500?

Light-Foot
10+ year member

Hi guys I need some help with what I need to do to be on safe side of things for an SAZ-3500.

-2006 Silverado

-160 AMP stock alternator

-Red Top Optima under the hood

-Currently no installed BIG 3 but I do have it

Alright Ive read a bunch of things on here. I will be runnin 2 D4 sundown X 15's in a bandpass blowthrough. Juss bought an saz-3500d. Believe me or not bc ppl think Im liein but I am currently chargin at 15.40 volts with what I have listed above. I do not plan upgrading my stock alternator. I have Audio Technix OFC 0/1 AWG Big 3 and Amp kit.

Questions?

-Will one XS power D3400 be enough battery?

-Will it shorten the life on the xs power if I it together with my 1 yr old Red top?

-Should I wire it together with the Red Top or juss do a separate run off the alt?

-Is it possible to ground the amp to the battery?

-Can I juss ground rear battery to body on clean surface?

I have a deka 9a31 if you want it stronger than the d3400 and for $100 picked up you need at least 2 good group 31's especially since on stock alt going to need to get an agm charger as well.

You have a Bosch 2 pin alt? 15.4 volts sounds pretty sweet I wouldn't change that either. But I would add a DC dual alt bracket and a DC alt to that. Then you could stand on top of castle gray skull yelling out I Have The Power!!

Jk. Ok that amp will need two runs of 1/0. extra batts are cool but you will be limited to how much batt power you have and when's it's used up there is no way in h3ll your 160 amp alt can deal with a 350+ amp draw not counting amps your truck pulls running. So just let them have time to charge and you should be good. Big 3 like you say is a have too. I bet those subs will sound great. I would love to hear a set. Gl with. Build

Ill have to pass on that one man you live a little to far away. What does the agm charger do? Is there a certain brand that I will need or a specific one in general?

Yes it is a 2 pin hahaha. Ill have to wait on the alt a while a little out of my budget. Yeah I cant wait to get them but they keep pushin the release date.

Can you all answer any of the other questions?

Thanks for the help guys

hey guys I think Im juss gonna buy me an mechman 270 alt and one XS D3100 with 2 runs od 0/1 OFC. How would I go about grounding? Can I juss do a regular ground to the frame? Also Can I ground the amp to the battery if its within 1ft?

yes, you can ground the batt in the back to the frame. if you can, then just to do a run from the front battery ground to the back, but if you absolutely cant, then grounding in the back is okay. make sure its clean. you can also ground the amp to the battery.

and you can just wire it off the redtop. someone might say otherwise, since they're different brands though. if youre going to be playing with car off (at that much power you really shouldn't) then buy an isolator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.