preamp voltage???

it will let the amp work more effiecent and you may get a little clearer sound out of the speakers. You will be able to set the gains lower and the amps won't have to work so hard which is a good thing

it will let the amp work more effiecent and you may get a little clearer sound out of the speakers. You will be able to set the gains lower and the amps won't have to work so hard which is a good thing
if ur not a tard, idk who is.

well that's nice to know....because my setup is 2ohms bridged across a stereo amp...which splits across each channel, dropping it to 1ohm....and with my amp being 2ohm stable it handles it pretty well, although it tends to get a little hot.....so maybe my amp won't get so hot, therefore it may last longer..(unlike my p.acoustik amps)..lol

the guy who posted above you, LOL!!!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
everything u just said, is completely false, but good try. yes, king ranch and you are almost as bad a cotjones.

the amp will be "working" just as hard.....the gains will NEED to be set lower. Higher pre-amp voltage only lowers the noise floor

OP - A higher preamp voltage will NOT keep your amp safer.

If you are running a 2 ohm stable amp down to 1 ohms, it is only a matter of time before it goes poof.

I would suggest finding a way to keep the amp in a safe load. Upgrading preamp volts will not make the amp work less hard.

A higher voltage is supposed to send a cleaner signal to the amp, it "allows" you to keep gains in the HU lower thus having less distortion in the signal

well that's nice to know....because my setup is 2ohms bridged across a stereo amp...which splits across each channel, dropping it to 1ohm....and with my amp being 2ohm stable it handles it pretty well, although it tends to get a little hot.....so maybe my amp won't get so hot, therefore it may last longer..(unlike my p.acoustik amps)..lol
so let me see if i'm getting this right your running your amp at one ohm, using 2 ohms speakers? but yet your amp is only stable to 2 ohms? if your amp isn't one ohm stable it won't be long before your amp goes bad. with the deck putting out more voltage won't help the fact that your running your amp at an unstable ohmage. King was right in saying that the gains may need to be turned down. but i'd be more worried about running the amp at one ohms when it's only 2 ohm stable.

so let me see if i'm getting this right your running your amp at one ohm, using 2 ohms speakers? but yet your amp is only stable to 2 ohms? if your amp isn't one ohm stable it won't be long before your amp goes bad. with the deck putting out more voltage won't help the fact that your running your amp at an unstable ohmage. King was right in saying that the gains may need to be turned down. but i'd be more worried about running the amp at one ohms when it's only 2 ohm stable.
impedance. LOL

i'm just giving you ****, don't get pissed.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.