pre-outs and speaker out

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrgreene1968
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
have a alpine 9887 just changed to active setup with alpine pdx4.100 amp. My question is rear fill. Now that i have the 9887 running 3 way, i have no rear fill. Could i hook speaker wire to rear speakers, and have the headunits internal amp run rear speakers, while pre-outs go to 4 channel amp.

You can not have full range rear fill when running in active mode. The amps internal amplifier will mirror the signal you're sending to the external amps.

So if you were to hook a set of speakers to the head units rear speaker leads they would be high passed wherever your tweets are... by tapping into the fronts your rear fill would be bandpassed at whatever your mids are.

All is not lost... Rear fill is over-rated anyways. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks for the reply....i was thinking if it would work, to just replace the rear 6.5 coaxs with a set of 6.5 midbass speakers, but didnt want to take dash all apart again, if it wouldnt work. Reckon what midbass for rear fill would sound like?

thanks for the reply....i was thinking if it would work, to just replace the rear 6.5 coaxs with a set of 6.5 midbass speakers, but didnt want to take dash all apart again, if it wouldnt work. Reckon what midbass for rear fill would sound like?
Better than higher frequencies. It might not work out too bad if you kept the overall amplitude of them low enough, or so I hear. You wouldn't be the only guy running them this way...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.