PPI BK1800 blown first day ?

First' date=' we assume the amp is from a respectable company.
Second, lol

For what it's worth, today I hooked up my system again. I have a bk1800 wired at 2ohms. Big two upgrade (6ga wire from unibody to hood batt and stock alt casing), extra batt in trunk, 2/0 CCA wiring, my trunk hits harder than Chris Brown.[/quote']

Lol, you ever heard a real system? Like, take your breath completely away bail out system? Not saying mine is, but in comparison to a lot out there, yours probably ain't nothing special.

Lol, you ever heard a real system? Like, take your breath completely away bail out system? Not saying mine is, but in comparison to a lot out there, yours probably ain't nothing special.
I know my stuff aint special. It is cleaner sounding and is louder at the power I'm pulling than three months ago when I didn't have any electrical upgrades done.

What really makes my system inferior is that the subs are in a dual sealed box with half the recommended volume. Sealed + small box = crap. But my uncle is a carpenter so he's going to help me build two 4th order boxes to devastate with.

/off topic

This thread contains massive amounts of fail. From the "dvc is made to run off one or two coils" or the "set it with a dmm" has made my brain hurt from multiple parties.

This thread contains massive amounts of fail. From the "dvc is made to run off one or two coils" or the "set it with a dmm" has made my brain hurt from multiple parties.
I tried... Not much to recover though. Like giving mouth-to-mouth to the cat that you just squished with your front passenger tire.

Running 1 coil is acceptable in certain situations. How it affects power handling has to be considered. Running at 2 ohm's the coils in use are still seeing the same amount of power, if not more than wiring all 4 to 1 ohm and increasing the power. In this situation I would say you should try and run all 4. Keep in mind 1800 watts will tax a stock electrical system pretty hard. Especially if no upgrades have been done.

werent you the guy completely hating on and talking shiet about PPI amps in that other thread? Something about "power accoustik nuff said" Just curious.
yeah that's me.

if the bk1800 is rated truthfully, then the DMM method works.

If the bk1800 is not rated truthfully, then the DMM method does not work.

I assume the bk1800 is rated truthfully, so I use the DMM and it has worked well for me and my bk1800.

I dont trust the DMM method. If you really want your stuff done right and being in the hobby for a while, get an oscilloscope or even a DD1. I swear one of the best investments I made was to get a scope. I dont trust anyones numbers but what I see on on my scope //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

dmm is worthless for gains i always just listen closely for clipping and have never really blown a sub accidentally. If you pay attention you know when its clipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.