Powering Amp On/Off

BWareofDWare94
10+ year member

Maryland
Is it possible, without an aftermarket head unit, to turn off the amplifier that powers the subwoofer so that way I can only listen to the interior speakers as if I did not even have an aftermarket amp/sub?

Sometimes when I am just cruising I do not want to listen to all the bass so I was just wondering if this was possible and if so how much would it cost to buy the neccesary parts to get it to work.

thats a band-aid though.. does the bass not sound good.. Are your gains set so ridiculously that everything sounds boomy when it shouldn't.. I always have my subs on and it sounds good.. because its part of the music.. rock/country/classic rock/rap all has bass in it.. it just needs to be set right..

might try the PAC LC-1, its like 25 or 30 bucks and should work if you used an LOC for your sub am, i put one in my wife's mazda6 and she loves it, you can turn it all the way down so you cant hear the sub(s).

yes.. put in a toggle switch on the remote wire...
Well actually this is for the person that I will be selling my audio equipment to. He does not want to have bass all the time. He wants to be able to turn it off if need be.

As far as the toggle switch on the remote wire. How would I do that or how would I explain to the installer how to do it? Would you then be able to have something up front where you could have a switch to turn it off?

What you do is mount the switch in close proximity to the driver so that you can reach from drivers seat and you can tie in after it comes from the hu its pretty simple you just cut the remote wire and hook on end to the (ground) negative and the other to the positive on the back side of the toggle switch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.