Powering 4 5k taramps amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
How much lithium would I need to power 4 of the bass 5ks already running 80 ah and 2 320 mechmans I’m about to install just wondering if I need more power

I would contact the manufacturer and tell them what your peak amperage draw will be and what voltage you'd like to maintain or at least hold for a period of time.

Your voltage drop will guide you haha. I'm not saying you will or won't have enough, I'm just saying you'll definitely know by your voltage drop if you need more electricity or not.

Be like "hey battery dudes, I've got 2000 amps of draw or whatever, how many batteries do I need not do drop far below 12.6v?" Something like that maybe.
Good luck getting a straight answer from any of those car audio battery brands.
I'd say if you have to ask, you haven't got enough electrical though.

Good luck getting a straight answer from any of those car audio battery brands.
I'd say if you have to ask, you haven't got enough electrical though.
I understand your point here, but a lot of electrical components aren't exactly modular, so a guy needs a recommendation for an initial purchase.

I understand your point here, but a lot of electrical components aren't exactly modular, so a guy needs a recommendation for an initial purchase.
The point is that whatever cell those clowns are using will have published data sheets with relevant specs and graphs so that we could appropriately size things. The fact that they won't post them on their sites or pass them along is suspicious.

The point is that whatever cell those clowns are using will have published data sheets with relevant specs and graphs so that we could appropriately size things. The fact that they won't post them on their sites or pass them along is suspicious.

That's interesting, could you explain more? Do you think they're hiding stuff?

That's interesting, could you explain more? Do you think they're hiding stuff?
They are obviously trying to mislead. The manufacturer will provide discharge rate graphs along with what C your amp hours and cycle life are rated.

Cells I've seen rated at 10C "Max/peak/burst" are rated otherwise at 1-3C. Cycle life will half as you double whatever the "recommended" current flow.

I suppose most of the lithium cells in use are good enough that some jamoke can do whatever with it and it'll outlast whatever warranty you get for your 25$ per amp hour bank but I wouldn't expect much more out of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...