Got my Adire Audio subs today and....

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Well, just got home and opens one box. Sub will not move at all. Seems the cone is
A7775CCC-250C-4DB6-A3D4-323B3A239342.jpeg
9AB2E0CB-4EAB-4417-9386-711E58B46279.jpeg
locked up. This is fresh out the box. Definitely not a good first impression.

i ordered a 12" Fi Xv3 in Feb, still waiting :oops::oops::LOL:
Wow. No updates on your sub?
Been emailing Adire. Sent them a video of the coil not moving and they appreciated it. They ask me to send pics of the sub cut up so they can send me a replacement. I just went ahead and sent them another video of it cut up. Is the basket worth keeping?

i emailed Fi last Friday, havent heard anything yet

unless you use the basket in the future, id probably toss it. but id keep the magnet. those are just fun to have around the house 😁

As I said in the other thread. I paid for my Xv3's Jan 25th, never got a test email just a build email. The email person I talked to emailed me right away every day or the next day. Mine showed up last Friday after I got an email out of nowhere saying they were being shipped and for a Friday Delivery via Fedex. Good luck!

And yep Adire is good about sending stuff out right away. Plus I'm sure they are going to eat shipping on you returning the old one as well. Just a good company to deal with. Seem to make things right every time.

As I said in the other thread. I paid for my Xv3's Jan 25th, never got a test email just a build email. The email person I talked to emailed me right away every day or the next day. Mine showed up last Friday after I got an email out of nowhere saying they were being shipped and for a Friday Delivery via Fedex. Good luck!

And yep Adire is good about sending stuff out right away. Plus I'm sure they are going to eat shipping on you returning the old one as well. Just a good company to deal with. Seem to make things right every time.
I sent them a video showing the frozen coil. They just wanted me to show pics/video of me cutting up the sub. Once I sent that, they said they are shipping me another sub on Monday. Great customer service!

What happened? Pole piece shift?
Likely. Once I cut the sub up, I took a hammer and hit the coil. It did finally move but not as free as it should have. There definitely would have been some cool rub. I really do not think it was damaged during shipping. I think it was just a defective sub.
Also, there was excessive glue around the dust cap and magnet. Which was fine. It’s just something that Sundown Audio would have considered as B stock.
Regardless, customer service was great and that means a lot. Hope the new sub will function as it should. Andrew from Adire is a good guy!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Ridinhi

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Ridinhi
Winston-Salem, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies