PoweraAcoustik?

I don't think the OP has enough knowledge or electrical to run 4000 watts or even 2000 watts. That's not an insult. People shouldn't jump right in with both feet till they do a little research. Maybe he should start out with something simple. Maybe a couple Sundown SA's on 1200 watts or so in a nice custom box and then go from there. Otherwise it will be a short lived and expensive hobby for him....

I don't think the OP has enough knowledge or electrical to run 4000 watts or even 2000 watts. That's not an insult. People shouldn't jump right in with both feet till they do a little research. Maybe he should start out with something simple. Maybe a couple Sundown SA's on 1200 watts or so in a nice custom box and then go from there. Otherwise it will be a short lived and expensive hobby for him....
Yep. Exactly what people were telling him in the beginning. He completely ignored all that, so let him do what he wants I guess //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Yep. Exactly what people were telling him in the beginning. He completely ignored all that, so let him do what he wants I guess //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
there is only so much we can do. Hope everything goes well for him

Well i am looking for a cheap way to push out maybe 4k watts rms out of 4 12's the box is ported. Cheap as in maybe -1500. I need a system that will last long and is reliable. If i get 4 obsidian 12's d2 they would be giving out 2400 rms conservatively. If i get those then i would need a monoblock D class amp with 2500watts?
This OP, while a nice kid, is very thick headed and does not want to be educated.

This thread mirrors his other thread here. >>>> http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/560077-amplifier-help.html#post8210293

People tried to help him on that thread but he has it stuck in his head that he wants 4 -12's and 4,000 watts as cheap as possible. He will not understand what electrical means and always dismisses it.

here is his van

IMG_0167.JPG

Here is the box for the 4-12's - sure does not look ported to me

IMG_0170.JPG

[quote name='>>SQL

This thread mirrors his other thread here. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/560077-amplifier-help.html#post8210293

People tried to help him on that thread but he has it stuck in his head that he wants 4 -12's and 4,000 watts as cheap as possible. He will not understand what electrical means and always dismisses it.

here is his van

[img']https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-5zxVoAcIOZ4/UJrcokQLT2I/AAAAAAAAAAk/fFcGsl5IHog/s761/IMG_0167.JPG[/img]

Here is the box for the 4-12's - sure does not look ported to me

IMG_0170.JPG

Nah man, somewhere in there he said he sold that and bought another ported box that was like 9 cubes or something like that.

upon looking more carefully I see that he must have gotten a different box as this one above was for 3 -10's

OP post pics and specs of your new box as it matters very much for picking out your subs (as I explained in your previous thread)

Just putting any sub in any box does not often work out well.

Nah man, somewhere in there he said he sold that and bought another ported box that was like 9 cubes or something like that.
You are fast man! 9 cubes for 4 - 12's is a healthy size.

If we could just get him to understand what good electrical means and how important it is we would be getting somewhere.

[quote=>>SQL

OP post pics and specs of your new box as it matters very much for picking out your subs (as I explained in your previous thread)

Just putting any sub in any box does not often work out well.

Yeah, we asked him for that too, I'm pretty sure it's back in the thread.

In any event, anything past the amp won't matter, he's going to toast that amp.

I have a Gothic 6000d. Great cheap 2k amp haven't had a single problem with it. I think because the price they have some quality control issues, but if you get a good one....

For $190 were else can you get 2k? Honestly I'm looking at other amps for my next build, but for someone trying get some cheap power, I'd recommended power acoustik.

I have a Gothic 6000d. Great cheap 2k amp haven't had a single problem with it. I think because the price they have some quality control issues, but if you get a good one....
For $190 were else can you get 2k? Honestly I'm looking at other amps for my next build, but for someone trying get some cheap power, I'd recommended power acoustik.
i used to own the gothic 2200s and I ran them each @ 4 ohms bridged.

They help up for 3 years and then I sold them

I am now going to get 4 type r's alpine with 2 mrx-m240's and im wondering if i should get the dual 2's or dual 4's. I looked online and the amps run 2400 rms with 2 ohm impedence. I think the dual 2's can't be wired down to 2 ohms only the dual 4's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

poweras1

10+ year member
poweras1
Rochester, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from