Power solution? Upgrade battery or get HO alternator

My car is an 06 Mazda 3, with the stock 90 amp alt. I am looking to upgrade my subs from two Type S 12's to two Type R 12's and and running 2000w rms @ 1 ohm with a soundqubed q1-2200d. The thing is I'm nervous that with how my car is currently setup it may not run that safely or properly, so my question is what should I upgrade? Would just upgrading my battery to something nicer like a yellow top or some other quality battery work? Or do I totally need to get a HO alt. I eventually plan on getting a HO alt but if I could just go for a better battery for now that'd be great budget wise. I've looked around and seen people who say battery, and people who say alt, and some who say dual battteries. I just wanted to know for my situation specifically. Let me know what you think!

Thank you

My car is an 06 Mazda 3, with the stock 90 amp alt. I am looking to upgrade my subs from two Type S 12's to two Type R 12's and and running 2000w rms @ 1 ohm with a soundqubed q1-2200d. The thing is I'm nervous that with how my car is currently setup it may not run that safely or properly, so my question is what should I upgrade? Would just upgrading my battery to something nicer like a yellow top or some other quality battery work? Or do I totally need to get a HO alt. I eventually plan on getting a HO alt but if I could just go for a better battery for now that'd be great budget wise. I've looked around and seen people who say battery, and people who say alt, and some who say dual battteries. I just wanted to know for my situation specifically. Let me know what you think!
Thank you
If you're looking into the newer r's, just know that they are having serious problems with them coming unglued. Do you have the big 3? General rule is 1000rms to 70amps. You'll be pushing that alt a lot, even with 2 batts.

If you're looking into the newer r's, just know that they are having serious problems with them coming unglued. Do you have the big 3? General rule is 1000rms to 70amps. You'll be pushing that alt a lot, even with 2 batts.
I'm looking at the ones that they sell now on sonic electronix and crutchfield and such. The Swr-12d4. Yes I have done big 3, so you would say get a ho alt and then eventually add a second batt?

Any other thoughts guys?

Yes and yes. Btw, Crutchfield is very pricey and I'm having issues with Sonic right now, so until they resolve the issue I can't recommend them at all.
Thanks for the info! What sub would you recommend that could match the Type R's as well as remain in the same price range?

I really do like 12s. My big problem now is where the hell do I find a HO alt for a mazda 3.... its seems impossible to find one! Would mechman or someone be able to make me one and how much would it cost? I figure I'd probably want around a 150 amp alt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.