Head unit went out - replaced and still not working!

Participant count
  • Participant list

LongThrow

My Kickers be swaggin'
I have a Kenwood kdc mp238 and all 4 door speakers stop working. Then a week later the headunit itself turned off randomly which playing music. I checked all fuses and they were good. I went to Walmart and bought a 70 dollar jvc. I usef the existing spliced factory to aftermarket wire harness, and hooked it up all correctly and this head unit isn't working!

Could it be a problem with my factory wiring? And how would I fix that?

A little more detail would be nice, I try to include as much in my questions.
You need to get a digital multimeter so you can test your harness wires and see where the problem is. If you want to make sure the new stereo works, put the yellow and red together and hook them up to the+of the battery. Take the black wire and hook it up to the -.

unhook your stock harness adapter and see if any of the connectors have burned.
so the wires connecting toy stock wire.harness will look "burnt"?
You need to get a digital multimeter so you can test your harness wires and see where the problem is. If you want to make sure the new stereo works, put the yellow and red together and hook them up to the+of the battery. Take the black wire and hook it up to the -.
I guess I'll have to get a dmm and check and get back to you

so the wires connecting toy stock wire.harness will look "burnt"?
Yes... If they are burnt then the connector is bad. Either way you can always connect the wires directly to the factory wires.

Also make sure 100% that you have connected your headunit correctly.

Meaning wired correctly.

Yes... If they are burnt then the connector is bad. Either way you can always connect the wires directly to the factory wires.
Also make sure 100% that you have connected your headunit correctly.

Meaning wired correctly.
Factory wiring > spliced to aftermarket harness> connected to head unit. all wires are spliced to the correct color coded wire.

If there any problems with the wiring (factory wiring) how would that be fixed?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.