Power Distribution, Questions Reguarding HiAmp/Watt Setups???

Depending on the system you may very well want to by pass the front battery especially if you have several in the back, just run a dedicated line directly from the alt to the rear batteries.
x2 I'm surprised more people don't do this.

x2 I'm surprised more people don't do this.
they dont because it isnt that simple. If you were to just run a dedicated line from the same alt that it charging the front bat then you are still connecting the front bat to the back bat bank. the only way to really do this would be to is to 1. get a second alt just for the bat bank or 2. (and this is a long shot) some how find two diodes that could handle that type for current if such a thing even exists.

they dont because it isnt that simple. If you were to just run a dedicated line from the same alt that it charging the front bat then you are still connecting the front bat to the back bat bank. the only way to really do this would be to is to 1. get a second alt just for the bat bank or 2. (and this is a long shot) some how find two diodes that could handle that type for current if such a thing even exists.
actually they do this to do away with a bottle neck up front.

I'm talking about completely removing the front batt from the vehicle, not just isolating it.

I just took out my front batt this weekend since I have two group 29 marines in my back. I just ran 1/0 power and ground to the back. Power is split at the front to the alt and the fuseblock. I didn't connect the factory alt wire after doing a continuity test to the 1/0ga that I added. Ground is split to frame and engine grounds. I'm not sure what the 0.1v drop (from the 1/0) is doing to my voltage regulator now that the batts are in the back.

Also depends on how much power you are running to the aspect of the best way to wire up the system. What you can get away with on a lower power set up you won't and can't get away with on a VERY VERY powerful set up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.