Post Your Box Specs Here:

hilarious...lol
the reason i asked him dick was because such a thread would hurt his business, and hes helped me out a lot so i didnt want to do that. he said hes had so many people coming to him, that it really didnt matter. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

That box is so wrong it hurts looking at it.
are you dumb? its not exactly rocket science, a port is a port no matter where you put it. theres a box and a port, and you can stick em wherever as long as there is enough airflow to utilize it, not really the hardest thing in the world

are you dumb? its not exactly rocket science, a port is a port no matter where you put it. theres a box and a port, and you can stick em wherever as long as there is enough airflow to utilize it, not really the hardest thing in the world
Dumb? you decide. Thanks for the insult though.

Umm yes it is rocket science. No **** a port is a port regardless of location. Your effective port length is incorrect. Unless you factored in the port consisting of two openings. Your port does not have a single opening on the side of it. It consists of two openings flowing in to a vent. You can not count the side of the box as part of the port length. Also did the port surface area remain the same the whole length. By the picture just observing it, It looks as if the beginning of the port within the box has less surface area as the end of the port. 3"x15"???

Now if you already factored this in to the design BG's to you and congratulations.

If not you might want to do some moding.

I don't even want to get in to the air pressure affecting tuning with a two sided open end port. That's to subjective and inconclusive anyway.

Peace.

Umm yes it is rocket science. No **** a port is a port regardless of location. Your effective port length is incorrect. Unless you factored in the port consisting of two openings. Your port does not have a single opening on the side of it. It consists of two openings flowing in to a vent. You can not count the side of the box as part of the port length. Also did the port surface area remain the same the whole length. By the picture just observing it, It looks as if the beginning of the port within the box has less surface area as the end of the port. 3"x15"???

Now if you already factored this in to the design BG's to you and congratulations.

I don't even want to get in to the air pressure affecting tuning with a two sided open end port. That's to subjective and inconclusive anyway.

Peace.
haha ...OWNED!!!!!!

outside dimensions: 35.5X15X20.5 5 cubes before displacement, 4 after, tuned to ~30 hz

dec200344ju.jpg

Peace.
wait what am i missing here?? yes the port stays the same surface area throughout with 15"x3", the port is 27.25" long, and no the port does not have 2 exits, the sides are only for the air to move and are not part of the port, the end of the port is marked by the green lines. the 2 sides combined have more surface area than the port hole itself so i figured it shouldent be a problem

( (1.463 x 10^7 x (45/pi)) / ((27hz^2)(5x12x12x12)) ) - 1.463 x the square root of (45/pi) = 27.75" .... my tuning is around 27hz

sorry for the insult

http://trmafia.net/wagz/pics/aa%20new%20sub%20system%20progress/j%20braced%20and%20caulked%20800600%20labeld.JPG

wait what am i missing here?? yes the port stays the same surface area throughout with 15"x3", the port is 27.25" long, and no the port does not have 2 exits, the sides are only for the air to move and are not part of the port, the end of the port is marked by the green lines. the 2 sides combined have more surface area than the port hole itself so i figured it shouldent be a problem
( (1.463 x 10^7 x (45/pi)) / ((27hz^2)(5x12x12x12)) ) - 1.463 x the square root of (45/pi) = 27.75" .... my tuning is around 27hz

sorry for the insult

http://trmafia.net/wagz/pics/aa%20new%20sub%20system%20progress/j%20braced%20and%20caulked%20800600%20labeld.JPG
i still dont understand. the side opening inside the box does what? i see the port opening, but i dont see its other end - unless its at the bottom of the last bend that is not visible... the side hole on that port is for what reason? it looks like a big hole in your ports wall... im very confused.

//edit

i took the time to look again. and i understand now. the farthest one is the port-outside-hole, and the one with the dotted line one is the other side. the hole in the side is the actual port exit.

i would imagine lots of turbulance doing it that way for some reason. but if it works, kudos.

If it stays 45 sq. inches through the port, then yes ...
If you think that's complex, you should see my plans for my GF's 10W0s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
well if you got it, then show it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif

well I have a planet audio FU 18-2... I'm building the box right now and will make a post with pics here in a bit. It will be 6cuft @ 28hz. and 120in^2 of port with a 1/8 hight to width ratio. outside dimensions are 42.5in x 37.5in x 13.5in with a little 2.75 x 7.75 notch out of the bottom back so it can fit in my truck...

Well my box for the subs themselves is about 14 cu. ft. before displacement. Then I actually built onto it more inside my van so that it occupies around 22 cu. ft. or so. Here's a pic of just the box for the subs...
boxbuilding19jj.jpg

well heres my new box, finally built.

front8fd.jpg

interior dimensions:

H: 14.5 in.

W: 42 in.

L: 12.5 in.

port dimensions:

H: 14.5

W: 2.75 in.

L: somewhere around 29 inches i think

frequency: 33-34 Hz

theres one 1 in. diamter * 12.5 in. dowel mounted horizontally for bracing.

theres 1 1 in. diameter 12.5 dowel braced horizontally.

The subs be slanty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif The one on the right looks higher than the ones on the left ...
well i guess its a good thing i dont have to look at them while i drive. are you you going to provide me with some scientific explaination for why my sound quality and loudness will be worse because of it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.