Possibly wrong wire kit? Please help!

mikeyv203

CT
Hello, im currently waiting for my new system to come in. I ordered a new brz1200 amp to power one 12" Alpine type r rated at 1000 rms. I also ordered a 2 gauge cadence complete wire kit. I realized today that the requirement of the amp is 4 gauge... The kit also comes with a 125 amp fuse, i dont know if this makes a diffrence but is this the wrong kit for me? Will it do any harm to my car my amp or woofer? Or is this fine and leave me room to upgrade in the future? Cant seem to find any answers online so please respond ASAP! Thank you!

You can just use a gauge reducer and keep the 2ga kit. No worries there. They're dirt cheap on KnuKonceptz' website

This is a situation where I'm in favor of amps that accept ring terminals instead of straight-throughs for wire. Then it really doesn't matter what gauge you use

This is a situation where I'm in favor of amps that accept ring terminals instead of straight-throughs for wire. Then it really doesn't matter what gauge you use
Agreed. Even with amps that have 0/1 terminals it is a pain to fit oversized wire such as Knu in there

Agreed. Even with amps that have 0/1 terminals it is a pain to fit oversized wire such as Knu in there
Seriously. Probably exactly why I'll never go back to Rockford unless they fix their terminals

Alright thank you for the quick replys guess ill just have to wait and see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.