porting a 1 cube box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

winkychevelle
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
quick question. when i normally port a box i use a minimum 4 inch port. but in my current case im porting a pre-existing truck box. if i use a 3 inch port for the 1.07 cube box i can tune to 30 hz no prob. but i can only only achieve a 30 hz tune and keep the same volume.

now this is a 2012 p3 shallow 10 and rockford recommends 1 cube ported to 47hz with a 4 inch port 12inches long now i know this is not optimal for my listening preferences.

since this is a low excursion sub i figure i can skimp by with a 3 inch port. even if i have to sacrifice output id rather tune it low

and i have talked to rockford directly bout tuning the sub low. they just stated that i would lose output which i can live with if i can keep the sub from interfering with my mids around 70-80hz which i can do now with my 24db slope crossover but i cut out pretty much all the bass

i have a good bit of power on tap considering the subs only rated at 300rms and really doesnt need that imho.

opinions? this is a rockford employee order so im getting a good deal on all of this. the only other sub i will consider is the stereo integrity bm shallow which are darn near impossible to get.

sorry for the long read

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.