need help finding a system

Participant count
  • Participant list

bravo917

I just bought a real nice 1993 cadillac sedan deville and I need to put a new system in. I have no clue what I need all I know is I want to get 3 or 4 12" subs that will bang and sound good. also I'm on a budget I really want to keep it around 800$. if you could help by just giving a list of what would be a good combination (subs, box, amp/amps)

thank you

What's your goal? SQ, SPL? Imo I don't think you'll need 3 or 4 12's. A couple nice 12's or 15's in a good enclosure will do the trick. What kind of power are you looking to run to them? I know what I'd do starting from scratch with 800 bucks. I'd get a couple Skar 12's in nice ported enclosure, an amp from the classifieds that would do about 1500 @ 2 ohms and a decent HU. Maybe an Eclipse or an Alpine.

Well look through the classifieds here. 800 bucks is a decent budget and the guys that sell on here are for the most part good honest sellers. There is some vendors on here from Skar and Sundown (2 companies I'd look at it I were you). There's going to be a lot of suggestions coming at you, just take your time and listen to suggestions. I like the Skars and I also like the Dcon's from SSA. The website is Sound Solutions Audio - Quality Car Audio Subwoofers The Skars are real low end monsters and the Dcon's are really nice budget subs. Get loud and sound good doing it.

Thank you I have looked into skar and I really like them, I also like ur idea of 3 10". i have gone to check out ur website and i like ur designs but when i go to the store there is no products listed in the skar section

Thank you I have looked into skar and I really like them, I also like ur idea of 3 10". i have gone to check out ur website and i like ur designs but when i go to the store there is no products listed in the skar section
He doesn't sell the subs, he designs the box for you that makes them sound AMAZING //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

He doesn't sell the subs, he designs the box for you that makes them sound AMAZING //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
True. But I know what the OP means. I actually started a STORE that will have over 250 designs available for purchase right from the website! I just have to get all of them done first, lol. But there are some available right now. I guess I have not got to the SKAR section yet for any designs, but OP, if you like, I can do one just for you, the way YOU want it done for the same price it would cost from the STORE. Just let me know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yea that'd be cool ur designs are awesome. I won't be ready to do anything till around the 20th but i guess i can contact u through your website when I'm ready. Around how much will it cost? also I'm sorry if I'm a little slow on this but when I buy the design off of u who would I get to build it?

yea that'd be cool ur designs are awesome. I won't be ready to do anything till around the 20th but i guess i can contact u through your website when I'm ready. Around how much will it cost? also I'm sorry if I'm a little slow on this but when I buy the design off of u who would I get to build it?
Sounds great, I would be happy to help you out on that. As far as the design does, they are either 19.99 or 34.99 depending on what you want me to do. The main differences between the two are 1. you get more information about the box you get 2. calculated vehicle gain into the response curve for higher accuracy.

As far as a build goes, I can supply that as well, but keep your options open on that part in case shipping gets expensive, lol. But yea, when you are ready, I am here to help. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sounds great, I would be happy to help you out on that. As far as the design does, they are either 19.99 or 34.99 depending on what you want me to do. The main differences between the two are 1. you get more information about the box you get 2. calculated vehicle gain into the response curve for higher accuracy.
As far as a build goes, I can supply that as well, but keep your options open on that part in case shipping gets expensive, lol. But yea, when you are ready, I am here to help. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
This dude knows his ****, the 34.99 is WELL worth it. He will hold your hand through the process step by step if that's what it takes. Can't suggest him enough, no offense to any of the other designers here, I'm sure you are great too.

As far as the box build, if you have a local shop they can take care of that for you. I personally requested an easy to build box, and that's what I got, and it's didn't cost much to have built.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.