Ported or sealed Punch Z's

Participant count
  • Participant list
neither honestly......they do sound good sealed though..very accurate for their price
Are you saying run them IB? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif If you want them loud go ported, if you want them to sound half decent and lose some output go sealed. If you listen to any kind of hip-hop/rap I think you will prefer ported.

Are you saying run them IB? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif If you want them loud go ported, if you want them to sound half decent and lose some output go sealed. If you listen to any kind of hip-hop/rap I think you will prefer ported.

no i was sayin they won't hit hard either way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

no i was sayin they won't hit hard either way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Are you kidding, you are running P5's, now neither of those are great drivers, but because i've actually heard both of them, which I have a feeling you have not (Outside of Bestbuy). The RFs are all around better subs than the sonys in my opinion. Now I got a bit off topic, and brought up this sony ****, so let this be the end. To the orignial poster, take my original advice, ignore what the other guy said about them not hitting, I think you will be happy with them ported with proper power.

Are you kidding, you are running P5's, now neither of those are great drivers, but because i've actually heard both of them, which I have a feeling you have not (Outside of Bestbuy). The RFs are all around better subs than the sonys in my opinion. Now I got a bit off topic, and brought up this sony ****, so let this be the end. To the orignial poster, take my original advice, ignore what the other guy said about them not hitting, I think you will be happy with them ported with proper power.

i have heard 2 10" RF punch Z sealed and theydid sound good (in a truck not bestbuy) just didnt hit very hard....i never did say my p5's were great subs in fact if u read further it says' i'm thinkin of getting RF's myself.....so here it goes....the RF Z's have a hell of a lot better sound quality but the p5's will hit harder and lower just not sound as good doin it and thats why i'm gettin rid of em soon.

i have heard 2 10" RF punch Z sealed and theydid sound good (in a truck not bestbuy) just didnt hit very hard....i never did say my p5's were great subs in fact if u read further it says' i'm thinkin of getting RF's myself.....so here it goes....the RF Z's have a hell of a lot better sound quality but the p5's will hit harder and lower just not sound as good doin it and thats why i'm gettin rid of em soon.
This is a battle that just will not end, like all those other threads designed specifically for this. So pulling the bit of maturity I have in me, it is all in the install, so maybe your P5's do hit hard and low in your pre-fab q-logics not designed for your subs, and I can not say they don't without first hearing them. I can say I was somewhat impressed with the punch z's in the spl arena, but not the sq to say the least. So its all in the install.

This is a battle that just will not end, like all those other threads designed specifically for this. So pulling the bit of maturity I have in me, it is all in the install, so maybe your P5's do hit hard and low in your pre-fab q-logics not designed for your subs, and I can not say they don't without first hearing them. I can say I was somewhat impressed with the punch z's in the spl arena, but not the sq to say the least. So its all in the install.

there is no battle i'm jus comparing them.....didnt say one was better than the other....i said the sony's would hit harder and lower but the RF's have better sound quality....that aint bashin.........oh yea ya dont have to have a box built for just a sealed box....it's got the right amount of airspace.....but when i get the RF's (or i might get those shivas,not sure cuz they a little more expensive) i am gonna make a box so i can have enuff airspace for twelves.........peace

Port em if u want it louder. If tuned properly and install is good u wont lose much sq at all. If u listen to mostly rap/rock/hip hop etc go ported.

yah i do listen to a lot hip hop/rap etc. even a little techno so i guess i will go with the ported box.. id probly just buy the ported box from the local pacific audio store..its like 109. will they hit hard in the ported?? I.E. Lil Jon, Master P,Ying Yang twins etc.?

Well you could buy a prefab ported, only problem is that most likely they are tuned pretty high so you lose some sq, but its up to you. It would probably cost right around that for http://www.gnomeaudio.com to build you a killer one, maybe a bit more. yes they will hit very hard in that kind of music, lil jon makes almost any subs pound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.