ported box for JL 12w3v2 ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

flyg20
10+ year member

can anyone give me some specs for a box for 2 JL 12w3v2 (dual 2 ohms) with 300 watts running to each sub? i was planning to use JL's specs of 1.75 net cu ft each sub but with a round 3 inch inner diameter by 9.3 inch port? how do you think this would sound, as in SPL or SQ?

and would a subsonic filter be beneficial to add since my rockford amp doesnt have one?

thanks

I havent really done any calculations to figure the exact box size and port for the best performance of this sub...I would say put them both in a 3.25ft3 box tuned to about 36-41hz....Thats just a guess...I can give u a better box design later on..And yes if u have ported boxes YOU HAVE TO HAVE SUBSONIC FILTER..I mean u dont Have to have it, but I would highly recommend that u have it..You can adjust the subs better for better output, SQ and SPL wise! Well the box u listed sounded to be fairly decent, if u want some additional help, go to http://www.jlaudio.com and send there technical guys something! Well talk to ya later..By the way what kind of vehicle do u have? cause the box I listed wont work in every vehicle!

Blake

do you know where and how much i can get an external subsonic filter for, like one i can hook in line with my rca's?

and wouldn't 36-41 Hz be a little too high for a daily driver system?

thanks

oh and i drive a 93 infiniti g20, its a 4 door sedan in case you didn't know

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.