ported box for 2 12" subs

So it looks like the manual recommends 2.3 cu ft each tuned at 31 for optimum. 2.9 tuned at 29 for large. I'm guessing it could work in 2.5 cubes tuned at 30 also. This will depend on how much power you have at hand and what kind of sound you're looking for.

My friend had them wired together to one channel of the two channel amp, but one of the subs didn't play so I knew something was wrong, he isn't very bright. so right now one sub is wired to each channel.

As for the box, I'm extremely new to this, but would that mean 2.3 per sub, so would my box need to be 4.6?
yup pretty much.. I modeled it for you.. I would actually go alittle bigger than 2.3 just because..

crossfire_winisd.jpg

Remember to account for displacement of sub and port or else you will be completely off. The manual says internal volume should be 2.3 so that's after everything is said and done for 1 sub. Gotta put your math to the test lol

Alright, thanks man ! So I should go for 5.2 that way I have a little extra

measure your max dimensions and calculate the Gross cubic feet of your enclosure after accounting in 3/4 mdf thickness(.75) Subwoofer Enclosure Calculators, Parallel, Series, Port Length and Volume

Whatever you get, subtract 20-25% off(roughly how much cubic feet the port will take up) and subtract sub woofer displacement which

is .07(x2) according to the manual. Afterwards will be your usable NET cubic feet.

For example: a 42W x 20H x 17D enclosure will have 7.2 gross cubic feet, subtract 20% of it and you'll end up with 5.38 cubic feet then subtract .14 for sub woofer displacement and you'll end up with 5.24 cubic feet of usable airspace. This is just a proper ballpark, after you finish your design you'll have to recalculate everything again to get proper specs but it should be very close still.

I bought 2 subs and an amp and sealed box for like fifty bucks, and I have never heard of the brand (CrossFire) everything is crossfire, the subs, the amp. The subs say 300W rms, and the amp is 300x2 rms. But I don't like the way they sound sealed, and was wondering if someone could help me build a ported box. The problem is, I drive a 97 ford f250 xlt and I have a back seat, that unfolds kind of into a little bed type thing. I have two questions/ problems.. Problem 1 the space is only about 20"x5' so i'm wondering, if there is a type of ported box that can be long and rectangle? my second issue, is will the sound be, bad? because it is such a small cab space i.e the subs being about 7-8" from the people listening>? and also, will these subs work in a ported box? if so, what dimensions would I need? i'm good with carpentry and would much rather build a box than buy one.
Most crossfire is pretty good overall

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.