Port box size for 2 alpine type r 12's

Going from memory on my last build 2cuft each port 12x1.5x22

Idd build 2 boxes to look like 1 with 2 port

Aim for 5cuft to allow for port/ sub

Then come back once you have a box size and someone will calculate the correct port size for the cuft you have and the hz you require

First draw up the biggest box you wish,

And work out the internal volume with atleat 3/4" mdf and divide that by 2

With is for 2 subs

Then minus the sub displacement and rough port displacement an you'll have the box cuft approximately.

Off then you'll be able to calculate the correct port and hz and final cuft

Then if you need you add os subtract volume from the box

This is not the best way but does work

So I don't want to spend 400$ to get a custom built ported box, so I've decided to make my own. Does anyone know the specifications I need to build it to? The port sizes, where to put the ports, what to tune it to, etc?
I really hope that's an exaggeration. You can get solid, sturdy, quality-work boxes for about $100 on this forum.

A box for two Type R's for $100? That will take at least a sheet of mdf which is around $31 last i checked then you have glue, carpet, etc.

I hope someones time and skills is worth more than that.

I'm new to this forum and every customs audio shop I have gone to has told me that I'm looking at 616$ from audio express, 450$ from 702 motoring, and around 500$ from a place called SS audio. Unless anyone on this forum lives in Las Vegas... I'm rather screwed lol. If anyone does happen to live in Las Vegas, I'd be willing to pay 300$ for a box and help with installation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.