• VVX-12

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • SA-12 (cheaper version of SA-15)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sailor Dog
10+ year member

Iowa
Hey everybody. I know there's a million posts like this one, but I can't make a commitment to 1 brand vs the other..here we go.

I've been considering getting a 15" Subwoofer, and I can't decide between:

1. Sundown SA-15

2. SKAR VVX-15

or even

3. Sundown SA-12

These three subs are all in my price range, and great subs for the price. I realize that 'better can be had for less', but that's the case for about every setup.

How would the SA-12 and VVX-15 compare? The SA-15 and the VVX?

There about the same 2.5 inch coil will take a tad bit over rated but not much. Your output will be more dependent on your enclosure.

It sounds like it's pretty close so far..if I go with 15s, either sub will be in a roughly 3.0cu. ft. box tuned around 35hz. For a 12, the box might be a tad bit smaller.

Actually just looked at the specs on the skar subs, they will sound better and play lower than the SA's
Fixed

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

It sounds like it's pretty close so far..if I go with 15s, either sub will be in a roughly 3.0cu. ft. box tuned around 35hz. For a 12, the box might be a tad bit smaller.
So your gunna go 2 15's?

Why are you trying to compare a single 12 and a single 15? You need to be more specific with your goals and space you have...
Well' date=' to be honest, I thought everybody would go for the SAs, so I decided to give the SKAR a fighting chance by throwing in the SA-12 and putting it up against it. The SA-15 and VVX are both gonna be in an enclosure giving it about 3.0cu and tuned around 35hz.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Fixed 

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

So your gunna go 2 15's?
1 15.

Well, to be honest, I thought everybody would go for the SAs, so I decided to give the SKAR a fighting chance by throwing in the SA-12 and putting it up against it. The SA-15 and VVX are both gonna be in an enclosure giving it about 3.0cu and tuned around 35hz. 

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

1 15.
I like Skar better then SA but if your gunna tune that high either is fine... Just pick one...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...