port area question

guitar012345678
10+ year member

ive been making ported sq boxes for a while now but i have a jl w0 10 layin around and ive been wanting to make a purely spl box. i was lookin for some insite on how big the port should be. i've heard one theory that it should be the same area as the sub. so for that jl 10 would 70in^2 be good tuned around 45-50 hz? this setup definatly wont be a daily driver or anything i just wanna use it as practice for an spl box. thanks for the help guys!

from what i know:

make the port as big as possible without going more than the Sd of the sub

port high, 50+Hz

angle off all inside corners

also what kind of net volume should i aim for? jl recomends 1.25ft^3 but thats with a way smaller port tuned alot lower than i plan to. should i make it bigger, smaller, or just use what they recomend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.