Popping, feedback noise when switching headunit on.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Oreos_ZA

I have tried everything yet I have not been able to fix a very irritating issue, the left RCA channel that is sent to my amp sends a bad feedback "popping" thump whenever I ex- start car (switches headunit off and on - eject CD - change certain EQ features on my headunit or turn volume from anything to 0 value, as soon as it hits 0 it will pop, everything should be grounded perfectly, I hardly doubt I have missed something my set-up:

Headunit (after market Pioneer) powering 2 x 5" pioneer speakers, headunit is grounded to the engine bay frame via a screw mounting point on the back of the headunit, solid ground.

4 Channel Amp, grounded to rear frame, 4 channels 80 Watt RMS each running -

2 x 6x9 (4Ohms) 80 Watts rated @ RMS each running on channel 1 + 2.

1 x 12" 300Watt RMS rated Sub running on channel 3 + 4 bridged.

Right now I run my left channel to my channel 3 + 4 on my amp so when it pops it's just my sub, so I dont damage my 6x9's as I figured my sub is the most hardy, anyways -

I have had a previous issue where when my car is switched on there is a lot of coil whine noise, high pitches when I revved my car it would change pitch and so on, I fixed this by getting a small thin copper speaker wire and basically grounding my red RCA connection on the back of the headunit output, I tried grounding both RCA's but it only works with one, and the popping will only happen if I have the left channel (white RCA) plugged into the head unit, otherwise it is silent. Any help? Any questions or info you need to know? My ground wire's are hectic for the amp,a massive 8 gauge and even the silly headunit I grounded desperately to the engine bay with a nice 10 gauge encase it was a ground related issue with the popping. Do I need to reduce the high-level output voltage from my headunit to amp or what?! I am clueless =/ Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

-Oreos

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.