Poor Wiring is now my problem HELP!!

Participant count
  • Participants list

GageOtic

CarAudio.com Newbie
I bought a 2007 scion Tc that has an aftermarket Pioneer HU installed and I wanted to replace it with a newer Kenwood HU. The previous owner had payed for an install of an amp and 2 subs which sound great. When I swapped the 2 radios I am unable to get the amp and sub to power on. I am assuming that the two radio's pins are different and not allowing power to the amp. This wouldn't be a problem had the "professionals" not cut out the original harness and hand wired everything. Before I have to cut everything out and buy a new harness. Does anyone know of some kind of adapter with a female pioneer input to male kenwood that I can plug into the kenwood HU?
Anything is appreciated, just really don't want to have to re-wire everything...

The harness for a Pioneer and Kenwood are certainly different and there is no adapter between them. You will need to remove the Pioneer harness and wire-in the Kenwood. This is a typical effort for any HU swap. Be sure to individually insulate/tape each connection whether crimped or soldered. On the plus side, you have the pioneer harness for wire colors. Replacing them one-at-a-time will help you keep them straight.

The harness for a Pioneer and Kenwood are certainly different and there is no adapter between them. You will need to remove the Pioneer harness and wire-in the Kenwood. This is a typical effort for any HU swap. Be sure to individually insulate/tape each connection whether crimped or soldered. On the plus side, you have the pioneer harness for wire colors. Replacing them one-at-a-time will help you keep them straight.
Thank you, I have done many radio installs in the past. Was just wondering if anyone knew a quick work around since i don't have a real reason to so it beside bluetooth. Just didn't want to have to cut everything if anyone knew a different solution. Thanks again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.