Poor Man Component Thread

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoshGuy
10+ year member

So I'm looking at the reviews on here from the image dynamic Ctx65cs (Amazon.com: Ctx65cs - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System: Car Electronics) and they are said to be overall a cheap budget for "okay" quality speakers. The on the other side of things focal makes a poor man's mid as well, 165 a1, (SPEAKERS « Focal America). Has anyone had experice with the focals, as in do they hold up. Or even better is there another mid for about two hundred that will give me a hard on?

So I'm looking at the reviews on here from the image dynamic Ctx65cs (Amazon.com: Ctx65cs - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System: Car Electronics) and they are said to be overall a cheap budget for "okay" quality speakers. The on the other side of things focal makes a poor man's mid as well, 165 a1, (SPEAKERS « Focal America). Has anyone had experice with the focals, as in do they hold up. Or even better is there another mid for about two hundred that will give me a hard on?
These are what I would run on that amp you have in your sig. CL-61A.2-25 PRO CDT AUDIO 2 OHM 6.5 COMPONENT SPEAKERS | eBay

Those Focals suuck. Those IDs are awesome and will definitely take some power. I'll get up a vid of mine running on ~200wrms free air in my room in a sec...

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdRebmgsWo0

The only way I could see you damaging these speakers is by running over 100rms with no high pass filter full tilt and bottoming them out to death. With correct settings, I'd trust these speakers to handle as much power as I'd ever need or want to throw at them. (which is pretty much how i've always treated all of my speakers, and never blown one)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.