Polyfill used in high performance?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Have you seen those loaded Kicker boxes? They have a huge aeroport and are polyfill.... filled. They sound pretty good at 500-600 watts.
Poly fill on the walls of the enclosure to absorb the rear wave is fine and works, but poly fill stuffed into the port? If you want to build an aperiodic enclosure just build one but do your research and build it right.

Stuffing the port will lower tuning until it doesn't and the box starts acting like a leaky sealed box

And as I said rockwool is more effective at absorbing the rear wave than poly fill.

Adding batting to a box isn't going to fix port turbulence from inadequate port area. It may lower tuning a bit but typically at the expense of a little output.

Yeah I experimented with polyfill yesterday and the output changed to a high degree.

The car stopped shaking as hard which ****** but the Bass frequency seemed to increase and lower.

But would have been a cool comparison if I had a way of gathering data at an inexpensive cost.

No just no.

Poly fill *****.
Rockwool is better (at absorbing rearwave)but it still wouldn't work for your desired result. Switch to aeros or passive radiators

I used polyfill in a 4th order bandpass (in the sealed chamber).

I gotta say the results were astounding. I'm going to say it's probably the best enclosure to experiment with polyfill!!

The polyfill almost worked perfectly to add clarity and lower tune.

The larger Port area to get the high output effects associated with an unfiltered chamber are priceless.

Polyfill works best with 4th Orders. Sealed chamber 🥼

I used polyfill in a 4th order bandpass (in the sealed chamber).

I gotta say the results were astounding. I'm going to say it's probably the best enclosure to experiment with polyfill!!

Poly fill traps the rear wave of the speaker keeping it from reflecting back and hitting the cone. This reduces 2nd order and 3rd order distortion so yea poly fill works, it works to absorb rave waves.

Less distortion means it sounds cleaner and makes lower notes easier to hear. The sub doesn't play much if any lower. That's been debunked several times.

Stuffing it inside the port the physical port not the box the port is connected to will decrease tuning to a degree because you are making the port act like an aperiodic enclosure.

It's just acoustical absorption material. We use it inside of doors, inside of body cavities between the roof and the headliner, literally anywhere that soundwaved can reflect back and forth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...