Poll: Budget Component Set!

Best bang for your buck budget component?

• Total voters
No, that the problem, only one I have heard are the alpine type-s and I did like them, but don't know how much better some other similarly priced sets could sound to me. My installer also suggested the diamond audio Diad65c comps, and RE SR6.5c comps. Any thoughts on those? The REs are a little above my price range, but if it's worth it I'll bump the budget.

I vote the pioneers. Probably installed 10-15 sets of them. When getting my friends into car audio I always recommend this set as a starting/budget set and they have all been very happy with them. My go to setup for friends is a set of the pioneers ran active on a PPI P900.5 and a handful of subs depending on space and what they want

I vote the pioneers. Probably installed 10-15 sets of them. When getting my friends into car audio I always recommend this set as a starting/budget set and they have all been very happy with them. My go to setup for friends is a set of the pioneers ran active on a PPI P900.5 and a handful of subs depending on space and what they want
Hey man Db drag at Santa Maria on the 7th Lombards

OK. I'll try and make it. See if I have any friends that want yo go. Thanks for letting me know

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Have any VFL 8's you want to bring down and sell me without the cost of shipping?

Well, my installer convinced me to try out the alpine type-s components and I'm not sure how I feel about them. I don't know if it's the fact that the stock location has the tweeter bounce off the windshield, or if the installer couldn't figure out how to tune with my headunit (Clarion CZ702), but I found that the system sounded better on one of the preset EQs than the custom one he was trying to create for me using the 5-band eq. At points, I thought my stock speakers with the sub sounded better than what he did. I'm pretty discouraged with how the install has turned out so far for the speakers, so now I'm not sure if I should bring it somewhere else for tuning, or if it's the speakers/tweeter placement. Any suggestions guys?

2007 Honda accord
You plan on keeping the car for a while? Even if you don't, a pillar replacement panels are pretty cheap if you ever go to sell it and want to swap back to stock. But I would just use a dremel or an exacto knife(the plastic can be cut and sanded pretty easy) and flush mount the tweeters in the a pillar. I've never liked the harshness or sound of tweeters bouncing off of the windshield and any install I do I talk the person into either letting me flush mount the tweeters in the a pillar or somewhere in the door. You can tune out some of the harshness but I prefer to just mount in a new location and go from there

I do plan in keeping the car for a very long time, but there is an airbag in the a-pillar do I won't mess with that. I really wonder before I hack up my car if it's the position of the tweeters, or if it's just the comp set itself and tune. Just listening to sports talk radio, the S's from some people are killing my ears.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...