Poll: Budget Component Set!

Best bang for your buck budget component?

• Total voters

suprachica79
10+ year member

So I've decided to go the installer route as I spent way too much of my valuable Saturday last week just running amp wire and installing my new headunit and amp. I've got a measly budget since I've got to put some of the money into the install, but it seems like through the research I've done, there's still some good options for a noob like me. (I listened to a set of $600+ HA Comps today and didn't think they sounded all that great so what do I know lol) the options in the price range are as follows-

Rockford Fosgate Punch P165-S - $100

Infinity Reference 6030cs - $105

JBL P660-C - $130

Alpine Type-S SPS-610c -$75

Pioneer TS-D1720c -$100

I mainly listen to rock, anything from fleetwood Mac to Seether, to Red, and I listen to some country, rap, pop, a lot of everything. Also, I don't think I like very "bright" tweeters.

Don't give up on installing them! Good chance the audio shop you are gonna take your car to, will do a half *** job installing, and charge you way too much.

As for the speakers, Infinity speakers are going to have bright tweets so you probably want to avoid those, although I had some and did like them for the price. There's a pioneer component set that is supposed to be the best bang for your buck components out there, although I'm not sure if it's the same model as the one you listed. Rockford is cheap crap now, so I'd avoid those. I actually just talked to a high end audio shop the other day, and the owner said one of his clients owns a few Rockford plants and that he wouldn't touch anything Rockford with a 30 foot pole lol.

Maybe somebody else can comment on that pioneer set that I can't remember the number of?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I just had a pioneer 6.5 component set in my doors. The TS 1520?

I had 75 watts/side on them. And 75watts on the pioneer 6x9's in the rear deck.

I never did like the harshness or general sound quality in the high midrange area especially.

Midbass was ok, but they cant take a lot of power.

Just got some jbl 660c's in couple weeks ago and man! They sound 10x better and louder and punchier than the pioneers. The midbass is much better, the tweeter is 100x better. And they can take power.

JBL hands down

I've heard all but the jbl's, so the pioneers.

As far as rockford goes anything under the power class I wouldn't touch. I do like the newer punch pro' how ever

I have the infinity in the poll. They're not bad, a but too much high though but overall decent. If I could do it all over again I would go with something else though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...