pointless challenge

i just want to know what your system consisted of to hit this 173 you are talk about
subs

amp

box & tuning

electrical

i will find some pics of cars that do a 173 and show you what they look like since apparently its pretty dam easy to do a 173 and not be satisfied these days. And did you compete in Usaci Iasci Db Drag or anything while you did this 173
oh, i didn't say it was my build, i just have one of the drivers in my tahoe........i even have a second sitting in the garage, i think it was another of the 3, but i'm not sure about that. i don't know the total specs of the box, or power. i believe it was 6 1000d. the shop used 3 brands in that size, only one i remember was crossfire, then again they had 2kw, either way, i'm pretty sure they pushed 6 to them. the box, from what i could tell was about 18'^3 vented. it was the 3 drivers firing through the back window, and the vented through the crawl-through. imho, it looked louder than it was. if i had the money and time back then, i'm sure it would be a lot louder. oh, and that was metered with a dash mic... don't forget gus, i'm in alaska, so it's not some easy task to get to an official dbdrag/ iasca......i wouldn't do that anywhere near my home anyways

yah, i believe this is the specs on them....Nominal Impedance:..................................................8 Ohms---------4 OHMS

Frequency Response:.............................................50-6000 Hz--------38-5400Hz

Free Air Resonance (Fs):.............................................50 Hz-----------47 Hz

Equivalent Air Volume (Vas):................................1.5 ft. (42 I)----------.75 ft

SPL:.....................................................92 +/- 2 dB/1W/1m

Moving Mass (Mms):...................................................11.5g

Total Q:...............................................................0.4-------------------0.3

Peak Power Handling (enclosed):...................................50 watts-------200WATTS (40rms)

Magnet Weight:....................................................9.77 oz.

Speaker Weight:...................................................32.6 oz.

...and, i have made that much power rattle your brain with a single 8....i'll have to go check the ohms, though....they may be 4ohm

....and this is where it's a challenge..... more of an exercise, lol
ok, i dug them out, and found out what they are.......corrected the specs a bit.... also, one re-nig......just noticed i stated "same power" it was 100rms; 200peak

so, something like this comes to mind.........

sketch2-65box2.jpg

sketch2-65box.jpg

....... i'm supprised no one mentioned iso-baric, yet.....

if its the little silver coned drivers same as in the tube, heres the TSP's

Fs 65.6

Vas 6.1L

Qts .84

Qms 7.27

Qes .96

Re 3.86

Le .88mH

BL 6.28tM

Pe 50rms

Sd 20.15sq"

it was like... blah, blah blah blah, then you had to go and make me laugh out loud
It's what I do.

On a serious note, I've had a rough go for the last few weeks. Pills and steroid shots have kept me going. I've lost 24 lbs... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

where on earth did you get the specs?...... oh, and i changed the specs a bit on them by streatching the suspension out. the stiffness was limiting some response........and they never support enough power to break the suspension in......so basically, i streatched it out and got a lot more response in the 50-20hz........anywho, that port is a concept i've been working on. the actual size of the port would calculate to be huge in comparison, but the actual area comes up to about 6.28"sq....... i might even go bigger, and change the spacing, depending on the #'s

I call BS on everything you have said. This is either a sad troll attempt, or someone that has no clue wtf they are talking about. You are telling me you had 3 15s hit a 173 and you werent impressed? LMFAO, you would be deaf if you listened to it without hearing protection, but I guess thats not impressive, huh? I guess hitting numbers only extreme vehicles with tens of thousands of dollars into them isnt impressive? Sorry if somehow I read your post wrong, but it seems like you are talking out of your ***, dude. especially hitting a 153 with 2 garbage 12s in a prefab box.
Ya I dont know if those mas could do that. I had to of the HK 15s which is top of the line for ma if their is such a thing in some custom boxes on 2 hk2000 amps and I think I was doing around a 46 sealed and 50 in the kick and 47 for meca purposes

those ma amps are cheapies. you would be good to pull 500watts out of them, if you keep the voltage up high enough........ i admit, i was quite skeptical about them when i first checked them out, but they performed surprisingly well, given enough honest power

......oh, anyone got a good free program to draw up the box....... i'm a little old-school with blank, and graph paper, but it would be nice to do some designs on my laptop...
You can use Autodesk Inventor to run virtual tests and find stress points in the box to figure out proper bracing. If you know what you're doing you can also use it to figure out theoretical output
Yes Inventor and/or CAD if you have the know how to use them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

akheathen

Premium Member
trianoacitol contraceptiv
akheathen
Anchorage AK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date