pointless challenge

If this is still on. PM Me.. If you have the space, I will do a tapped horn or OD horn design for you. It will without a doubt be the most efficient design with good extention but it comes with great size.Let me know. You must post a log and listening results if so.
You are wasting your time with this guy...

If this is still on. PM Me.. If you have the space, I will do a tapped horn or OD horn design for you. It will without a doubt be the most efficient design with good extention but it comes with great size.Let me know. You must post a log and listening results if so.
yah, that is a real good idea, and i will most definately plan on doing this........ however money/ supplies are low right now, and i have to go to work wed, for 3 weeks, so it will have to wait for next month to build. by then, i'll likely opt for a pair of polk 8's i've had for 10years or so collecting dust, if the space allows in my tahoe. believe it or not, i had attempted something similar to this on a pair of 12's a few years ago, but didn't know how to really tune my design, and didn't know it would take that much space to even work......so it was a big fat phail, and i gave up...

on another note, i got going on the box at a friends' house last night. left my laptop like a dummy, and went back to my old school habbits of sketching/calculating on the first thing i can find, based off what memory/idea i had in my head, lol........ i'm going to get pics uploaded, and then go out to my garage and seal/tune it..

ok, some pics from last night........what a rough-cut build, lol...but it'll seal and tune functional. there's body and enginework builds going on in there, so i had to use a **** sawz-all to keep the dust down....anyways, here's a few pics....now to go finish it in my garage.....

WP_000025.jpg
WP_000023.jpg
WP_000029.jpg
WP_000030.jpg
WP_000031.jpg
WP_000032.jpg
WP_000033.jpg
WP_000034.jpg

ok, here's some more pics of the tuning stage........little flava of troll on there to seal it up, hahaha

WP_000035.jpg
WP_000036.jpg
WP_000037.jpg

so, some of my findings......as calculated, it liked .7" spacing at the end of the port (restrictor area) which puts the 4" port about the same as a 2" round port. i adjusted it and played different sweeps. i didn't have any tracks loaded to test specific frequencies, but it picked up about 25Hz on up, and shakes the windows decently, etc...... it's not ungodly loud, but for what it is, seems to do well........ i'm going to try and find some test tones and change up the port configurations for comparison/ tuning tests....

anyone know where i can get a couple roadmaster re-cones?....... oh, fear not! i had a couple infinity coaxials in the cabinet.... ballin ballin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

akheathen

Premium Member
trianoacitol contraceptiv
akheathen
Anchorage AK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date