pointless challenge

You're right, this is pointless. Good luck getting any solid 20-30hz reproduction with subs that have a higher fs than my mids. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

what numbers did your 8 do?
and whats the highest number one of your systems has done?
haha, i meant watts, not db...never had that one metered, and no it wasn't wal-mart......but it was wal-mart aluminum cone sub. the highest i've built and meterd was 153.4, but the bmf xt15 in my truck right now was one of 3 that hit 173.x and i was still not satisfied/impressed............so no one up to the challenge? i know it can be done

^^^ for 2 6" subs thats almost ib for those.
just run them freeair and see what they do,

and as far as you making someone brains rattle, with that, unless you have subs that can pull watts out of their pole vent im guessing that you have no idea what loud really is.
this

for the life of me, i can't remember which i had powering it at the time, but 2 ma 12's in a center slotted box....... had a tech holding it in the passenger seat (the use a dash-mic at the competitions up here.......but i don't know anyone driving around with their head on the dash.... so, i guess i'm on my own on this one, 'eh? i was hoping at least someone was up to the challenge and show that it's 90% box, 10%driver. btw, it's already been done on the bose acusti-mass sub, but i don't want to cheat and play off that design

haha, i meant watts, not db...never had that one metered, and no it wasn't wal-mart......but it was wal-mart aluminum cone sub. the highest i've built and meterd was 153.4, but the bmf xt15 in my truck right now was one of 3 that hit 173.x and i was still not satisfied/impressed............so no one up to the challenge? i know it can be done
I call BS on everything you have said. This is either a sad troll attempt, or someone that has no clue wtf they are talking about. You are telling me you had 3 15s hit a 173 and you werent impressed? LMFAO, you would be deaf if you listened to it without hearing protection, but I guess thats not impressive, huh? I guess hitting numbers only extreme vehicles with tens of thousands of dollars into them isnt impressive? Sorry if somehow I read your post wrong, but it seems like you are talking out of your ***, dude. especially hitting a 153 with 2 garbage 12s in a prefab box.

sorry, the ma audio hk12x2 aren't really what i would call garbage..........and i build all my boxes. only worthy pre-fab box i have ever owned is the obcon godzilla box. real nice construction. 146.6 with 2 bmf 10's and directed 1100d in my 85 s10 blazer......yes, i use ear protection. i wore the muffs and plugs with the 3 15's, and yes, i do think it could have done better with 3 bmf's right behind my head in a single cab 98 s-10....there is a reason the system got split up. the single 8 was all about resonance, and didn't sound good to me, but was loud. i don't build systems for competition.... up here, that's a "jack-me" advertisement. couple times a year, it's for other people, but mostly, i just do it for the pleasure/challenge. sometimes, they get torn apart, sometimes sold, but i just like building them and experimenting new things...

I'm going through hydrocodone withdrawals today. I've shit like 8 times. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

akheathen

Premium Member
trianoacitol contraceptiv
akheathen
Anchorage AK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date