Plz help! I'm think im gonna cry

Participant count
  • Participant list

bdavies11
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
Guys i really need some assistance. I just bought a used pioneer-780mp on ebay. I don't have any experience putting in stereos so I let my local car audio shop do it and they only charged me $30.

Anyways, I knew when i bought it that these radios are notorious for ground noise problems but mine is ridiculous. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif It literally sounds like a chainsaw coming through my tweeters. Its so loud i cant even hear myself think, let alone hear my music. I've always thought that the ground noise problems with these radios were just a slight whine but mine is insane. I really really want to keep this radio because everything else seems to be functioning perfect. Is there anything at all i can do?

unscrew one of the screws in the actual H/U case/steel part and run one piece of the wire from there to the vehicle chasis.
Thanks, i will try that. I also did a bit of searching and found this.... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147694

however, my RCA's aren't build into the radio, they connect to the radio with a detachable RCA harness thingy. Do you think something like that could still work?

take it back to the shop and tell em to fix it.
I already did that, They didnt know what else to do. They tried a couple things including adding on a noise filter which helped a little bit but didnt fix it at all so they gave it to me for free.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.