Pioneer Head Unit Whine

Participant count
  • Participant list

shava
10+ year member

ShaversDaFlava
Salem, OR
Alright, so I traded my sister head units, clipped all the wires from my harness and the ones from hers and then re-attached them all. Listened to my old deck in her car which is a pioneer and it sounds fine and all the speakers work and all that. Then I put hers in my car which is also a pioneer and then when i go to turn it on i start getting background noise, you can hear the cd spinning through the speakers. Its pretty loud and very much affects the sound quality. And as im driving the RPM's also affect how loud the noise is.

Is there any way to fix this? I dont understand how this could of happened by using the exact same grounds and positives. I did make a video of it if it is easier to understand.

My sub and door speaker amp are on the same set of RCA's by the way.

Common pioneer ground trace problem. Run a wire from your RCAs to the head unit.
I know about the pioneer ground noise but I just didnt think it could happen from just switching decks and not messing with the wiring.

So I should take a wire from each of the rca cables and then ground that?

I know about the pioneer ground noise but I just didnt think it could happen from just switching decks and not messing with the wiring.
So I should take a wire from each of the rca cables and then ground that?
Who knows the cause of that ****. Mine just started doing it one day. I didnt do anything to it.
dunno.gif

Just one RCA.

To the cage of the head unit. Not the cage cage but the actual head unit.

I guess chassis is the word im lookin for.

Should be small screws on the back of the unit. Try each one.

hold on ill go look at mine and see which one it was.

I did it, it worked fine, I just took one of the cables and stuck in a little wire and put that on the cage and slid it in, worked fine and if I ever have a problem I will just use a screw.

This helped me a lot, I have read about the ground noise in the past and when I heard it I was like **** I broke this ****, but now that I got a fix its good enough for me. This thing is much sexier then my old one

Thanks

I did some looking for myself and the best I found was to ground the rca's. But it never said to what so I had to consult ca.com //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.