Plymouth Grand Voyager w/infinity sys.

bushi
10+ year member

florida
I'm going to replace all the speakers and the head unit and install a sub.

Anything unusual about the existing infinity wiring, etc.??

Would greatly appreciate any info/advice from the "BEEN THERE, DID THAT!" folks out there.

Thanks all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yes there is a amp in the infinity system. You will need to unhook it. That is why its differnet than the stock chrysler systems.

If there were an amp it would be either under one of the front seats or behind a quarter panel in the back.........but, as I said before I am pretty sure there is no amp.......If you really want to know and this isn't fool proof.......take a battery and tape or solder leads to it. touch a set of speaker wires with the leads......if you get a pop/crackle over the speaker, (and you are sure those are the speaker wires....check color at the speaker) then there is no amp......

Hey phattyex,

I do have a Grand Voyager SE w/the Infinity...

Didn't know the "Grand" designation was important. Any insight into the system very appreciated.

Thanks!

if you want you can use the Infinity amp to drive your new speakers if you weren't planing on amping them already. just make sure when you install your head unit that you hit the remote turn on for the amp.

I am going to use aftermarket amps, so I'll need to bypass the factory amp. Do you know where it's located?

Thanks

It's a '95. I didn't want to be without tunes until I do the new install so I haven't pulled the factory system yet to access the model number.

Does the Z at the end of the model number indicate the amp location?

Is there info available anywhere on the factory system? Amp specs wiring color coding, etc? Seems like that would be extremely handy information to have.

Thanks

I'm going to replace all the speakers and the head unit and install a sub.
Anything unusual about the existing infinity wiring, etc.??

Would greatly appreciate any info/advice from the "BEEN THERE, DID THAT!" folks out there.

Thanks all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Well, I realize this is so so so late, but the thread will survive!!

The Infinity stereos DO have amps!!

The amps are located on the speakers themselves.

The speaker plugs for the Infinity speakers have 4 wires, 2 for the amps and 2 for the standard signal.

The middle 2 wires are the standard speaker wires, the outside 2 wires need to be capped to do a regular speaker and head unit swap.

Hope all went well

Dean.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bushi

10+ year member
bushi
florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from