Plexiglass

Go with 2/8, or even 4/16...or better yet, 1/4!! yeah, 1/4 is better than 2/8 and 4/16....wait, they are the same...nevermind....

Yeah go with 1/4

Your local glass shop should be able to supply you with plexi glass.

I got mine from my local window shop. They ordered my 3' x 2' (x 1/2" thick) piece of plexi glass with no problems. I paid about $85CA - I got a deal, so it was not to expensive.

- Steve

Originally posted by d audio 450 where can you get plexiglass?

-pat
plexiglass is a brand name. i think the actual term for it is acrylic. but anyways...many hardware stores sell it cheaper than glass places. I think the brand home depot carries is lexan?

Originally posted by fantomas plexiglass is a brand name. i think the actual term for it is acrylic. but anyways...many hardware stores sell it cheaper than glass places. I think the brand home depot carries is lexan?
Yeah I think they carry Lexan....theres nothing wrong with that;)

- Steve

Originally posted by ss3079 Yeah I think they carry Lexan....theres nothing wrong with that;)

- Steve
oh, i know...im just saying...if you ask for "plexiglass" dont be surprised if they give you "lexan". its more or less the same thing. although i dont think home depot has a big choice in sizes (as in no 1/2" thick stuff. methinks 1/4" though.) and they dont cut it so you have to buy more than you need.

i went to get some for my amp box...it was a piece about 30" x 18" (i think) and about 1/4" thick and it rang up as 30 some-odd dollars. it took about 20 minutes to find someone to get the actual price ($4.99) and part number, and write it on the glass, and i had to wait in line for another 10 minutes *sigh* sorry...i work at a small hardware store and i hate to wait/make people wait. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif oh well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.