a little weak

Participant count
  • Participant list

zjltwins85
10+ year member

Elon, NC
Ok this really isn't a problem, but i was wonderin....

I have 2 12' Infinity refrences in a Ported box being powered by a profile california 800sx. But it doesn't seem that loud. There is nothing wrong with it, but my friends have cheaper subs with less power and they seem a lot louder. The only difference is they have asealed box. I thought ported would allow you to feel it as well as hear it, but I can barely feel it. It's enclosed in the trunk of my car, and my car is not an open air interior.

Try changin the ploarity of your subs, instead of +to + try +to - and so forth and just try that. It helps mine out alot if I do that.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yes I have rear speakers. they are 4 1/2

The box is a Bandpass. It's dimensions are

32 1/4-wide

19-depth

14 Height

3- width of port

5 1/4-depth of port

It has regular wiring.It's not in series, or in parallel. Each sub is wired separately to a + and a -

4 gauge for Power

4 gauge for ground

10 gauge for Speaker

I can't bridge it because that will reduce it to a 2 ohm load, and my amp doesn't work well wewith that. Or so I'm told.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.