First big 3 2002 ford f-150

Participant count
  • Participants list
Hey everyone this will be my first post on here and Im glad to be a part of this community.

So as the title says im doing my first big 3 upgrade on my 2002 ford f-150. I plain on just adding my new 4 quage wires and keeping the old ones.The old wires goes from the alternator to what im assuming is the starter solenoid then over to the battery. My question is should i run my 4 gauge the same way or can i take it straight from the alternator to the battery? Also should i put in an inline fuse or if i put it in tubing and tie it up good would that be good enough?

Thanks for any info

BrandonView attachment 26557424

You'll want to go straight to the battery. Fusing between the alternator and battery probably creates more trouble than it protects against. Just run the wire away from anything that could melt or cut/rub the insulation and secure it tight and you're fine.

You'll want to go straight to the battery. Fusing between the alternator and battery probably creates more trouble than it protects against. Just run the wire away from anything that could melt or cut/rub the insulation and secure it tight and you're fine.
did exact thing in my 1996 f150, from alternator straight to the battery

Does anybody know where the chassis to motor ground is I think I found it in this picture but it's going into the starter which I think is actually grounded to the transmission is that going to work
b93ae15b293c56ba172ee786c3d9b46d.jpg
9d8f7e95bbff188c8db90facc61721e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.