Please help with alternator

So i got help with the box thanks guys. All i need to know is if 220 amps will be enough for 2000 rms? I dont want to get an alternator thats too weak. Ive been looking around, and the only company i can seem to find that has my style alternator in stock is power bastards, anyone have any wxperience with them? Evey other company i have to custom order it and i cant find one that peaks at 1200 rpm or less, besides the power bastards. Thanks for the answers and help!

Haha thank Shredder, like i said i have a small understandimg of the intricacies but not the specifics, and youre my new go to guru haha thanks man. Ill be off work in 2 hours ill get those measurements to you right after work. Again, much much much appreciated!

Had to beg this one off... I just couldnt explain it correctly (senior moment?)... maybe its the stroke... IDK... someone else might step up... @slikrider20 might get some practice with sketchup... IDK.

And what makes the duralast better? Im trying to build a bulletprof system here so i want the best and moat reliable stuff in the price range. Thanks
I expect for one the fact that you can buy them at a few nationwide brick and mortar stores so claiming warranty if needed won't require shipping a 80 pound battery.

Are sa15s bad for sq? Im just using them for personal enjoyment but i want them to destroy my hearing. The sa15 is a well renowned sub, should i look elsewhere for a sq sub? I dont want them to sound like crap after all the work im putting in. Thanks
Very subjective. SA series Sundown is pretty good bang for the buck; certainly one of the top choices in its class.

So i got help with the box thanks guys. All i need to know is if 220 amps will be enough for 2000 rms? I dont want to get an alternator thats too weak. Ive been looking around, and the only company i can seem to find that has my style alternator in stock is power bastards, anyone have any wxperience with them? Evey other company i have to custom order it and i cant find one that peaks at 1200 rpm or less, besides the power bastards. Thanks for the answers and help!
AFAIK the price for a 6 phase hairpin isn't too much more than a good HO alternator done with round wire. Go big or go home I say, and don't get too carried away worried about """ratings""" deal with a reputable builder and get the best you can afford and be content that you're doing as well as you can.

Wow mechman or dc power doesn't carry an alt for your ride?
I think he means they don't have one on the shelf ready to ship but would need to build to order.

Yeah id have to custom order one...is it worth it having them build a custom alt for me? And ill definitely go with the duralast that sounds like a good deal and im not pushing 10000 watts so its probably not gonna be any diffrnt that an xs or kinetic. Ill have to get in touch with mechman, but as of now i think im gonna go with the power bastards. Thanks you guys for all the help and info! Im going to start another thread for the box im gonna need to build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.