Austin175s 03 Lancer ES Trunk build.

Austin175
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Got some pictures of the build I'll upload more as I get further into the build. Equipment being used will be listed as below......

HU-880prs

Subs- DC xlm2 12s

Box-3.33cf 34hrtz

Mids/highs- SSA Evil 6.5s & tweets(when released) or Nendo Pwx's an FT1 tweets undecided so far

Sub Amp- AA 3800.1

Mids/high amp- Nendo 1000C4

Wire- AT 1/0 CCA( for now tell welding wire comes in)

Alt- custom large case US Alt 340a

Batteries- 4-5 xs xp3000s or might lithium (undecided)

Sound Deadner- Vibraflex & sound or second skins

That's all I got so far this week gutting an cutting the car, the amp an wires in that list pic are from the person before me so running 1/0 wire Monday, temporarily put the subs/amp in to see how it sounds & plan out where all I need to sound deaden an where exactly batts are going to go.

Looks good so far. Whats the octo port for?
I was originally going to use the octo port but after I had bought it an had it made that it wasnt going to fit like I wanted because I didn't want to do subs up lol so I guess I just have it for another build or something or just might trade it if someone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trunk builds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif keep up the good work and pics
Thanks bud got alot more coming in the next few weeks as long as the weather permits today is prepping wire, if it warms up some I'll try an get out to do my big 3 an get these + & - runs in as well.

Also for anyone wondering the box is braced these were pics before we put them in I still need to sand in some spots & resin/paint the box when it gets warmer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had much time to work on this but it's starting to get warmer here(Iowa) so yesterday I did some stuff lol.

Got some stuff in the mail 12g SkyHigh remote wire, SkyHigh 20ft RCA's, SkyHigh 1/0 fuse holder, 2 350a fuses, & 25ft of SkyHigh ofc 8g 12.5ft black & 12.5ft green.

Also got some IllZcustoms green & black dual inputs the anodizing doesn't feel or look cheap which is nice I just wish they were offset

Also going with a new box design is from the great CSCStang

An finally ran the remote/RCA's/ power/ & grounded to the frame & cut out the rest the opening behind the seats, next is to sand down the inside the trunk an repaint it then order vibraflex an cut the false floor

yeah that octo port is nice., pic of that completed box looks like my old one (in my gallery with black e designs in it) but your is double thick and bigger port..

yeah that octo port is nice., pic of that completed box looks like my old one (in my gallery with black e designs in it) but your is double thick and bigger port..
Yea it was just to much weight so having a friend cut the design from Stang out of birch an going to assemble it this weekend, the octo is nice but I have no use for it now lol maybe find something to do with it.

So Thursday night went an got wood glue, paint brushes, screws etc at lowes also spent 1hr & 38min with my gf at the paint counter cause the clerk was determined to get a green paint as close to my dual inputs went through 2 whole cases of those sample bottles lol. Yesterday started assembling the box:

Got back/sides/corner 45s in

Today mocking up the faces an port looking good so far for my 1st build all by myself If I don't say.

Got my jasper guide an router today still waiting on my 1/4 spiral down bit from mobile soulutions( should be tomorrow) will have more pics an updates this weekend

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.