playing music via aux?

Participant count
  • Participant list

emd023
10+ year member

In my friends car, the quality of the music coming from the aux port is poor. Are most aux ports like this or is it just his head unit? I am planning on buying a kenwood KDC-152 and just want to make sure before I buy that I will be able to play quality music with my aux port.

thanks

Yes. He might also have the volume maxed on his input device which means his system is amplifying an already clipped signal. If you have no choice but to use an aux cable, make sure you keep the source volume below 75 percent

If you aren't carefully selecting good quality digital music for your phone just enjoy the convenience of plugging straight into the aux jack on the radio. Some phones will need the volume maxed out and it won't clip if you keep any sound enhancements turned off. On a cheaper phone(not a top tier Android device, iPhone, etc.) I would stay away from max volume. I'm on my second Motorola Droid phone and I max out the volume on both of them(Droid X and a Razr Maxx).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.