Planning on getting two Kicker CVX 12 inch subs.

xmakeafistx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kenosha, WI
I have been browsing subs for a long time now, and I decided on these because the quality is better than L7's [from what I've been told] and they hit almost as hard.

I'm still stuck on what amplifiers I'm going to have run this, I don't plan on spending more than 300 dollars on amplifiers.

I've been looking at HiFonics, and I need to know the disadvantages of running the subs at 1 ohm.

Any suggestions? I'm pretty new to car audio, and I really want to get into it.

1. are you dead set on those subs?

2. are you going to be running ported or sealed?

3. are you going to be running a custom box or a prefab piece of crap?

4. do you have any electrical upgrades planned?, if so what?

5. a mb quart dsc 2000.1 would do pretty much what you want.

6. there is nothing wrong with running wiring subs down to 1 ohm if your amp can take it

1. Yeah, I'm pretty much set on these. Unless I hear plenty of negativity towards them.

2. Ported.

3. Custom box probably.

4. I don't plan to add any capacitors.

5. That would over rate the subs. They take 750 RMS each. I also could not find this amp for sale.

6. I'll keep that in mind when purchasing my amp, running 1 ohm doesn't make them sound sloppy or anything like that? [Forgive me for being new, I **** at this.]

I run 2 of them in 2.5 cubes sealed net single chamber off 1000 RMS at a 2 ohms. I have dual 2 ohm subs wired to 2 ohms, obviously. I'm definitely happy with them. If you run them at 1 ohm, you'll probably need some electrical upgrades. I honestly don't think they'll take a full 750 watts. I don't think I'd give one more than 600 RMS. I'd get an amp that'll do somewhere between 1000 to 1200 RMS. If you didn't get the subs yet, get dual 2 ohms and run them at 2 ohms. You've got a lot of options amp wise for that kind of power at 2 ohms and you'll have to do minimal electrical upgrades.

the subs wouldnt be my choice but its your ride.

what car are they going in and what are the max dims that you have for an enclosure.

i wasnt talking about caps, i ment actual electrical upgrade (big 3 and power run in 1/0, 1-2 group 31 batteries, and possibly a high output alt)

kickers site says that they are rated for 1k each, so i was just going off that.

there was just a dsc 2k for sale on here, not sure if it went yet or not, but they come up on the forums quite often.

I have a VW Jetta 03. I'm sure I could fit a pretty big enclosure in it. & I don't see myself having to make any electrical upgrades hopefully.

& to the guy that has these, what kind of amp do you have?

if your going to try to run 12-1500rms on a factory electrical system i hope you like buying new amps because your going to send some up in smoke.

and we need more info than pretty big when it comes to enclosure size, take some measurements.

Check out my sig. I'm running them off an Alpine V12 MRD-M1005. It tested at 1035 RMS @ 2 ohms. Phoenix Risen, the CVX is realistically the only Kicker really worth getting other than the Solo X. Have you ever heard them in person or are you saying that based on the fact that they're a name brand, not built for pure SPL? The L7s are good if you want loud, but they sound like piss. I do agree with you about the electrical upgrades. You'll need a big 3 for sure and possibly a bigger battery up front or a second battery out back. If you get dual 4 ohm subs and run them at 1 ohm, you're going to probably need a new alternator too. I'm running a big battery up front, big 3 with 1/0, and a large case HO alternator.

@ kushy_dreams I like all kinds of music. But mainly Hip Hop, Hardcore, Rap, Indie. & just for a daily beater kinda thing. I don't plan to get into any competitions.

@ejshultz I'm totally uneducated and lost when it comes to electrical upgrades. I do have a second battery laying around, how could I use this to my advantage? If I can.

& I've just been looking at reviews and all that. I liked how everyone mainly said they are like L7's except they don't sound like ****, and they can still hit hard.

That Audioque seems like a pretty good option. Is there any places that you know of that sell it for less? I've noticed that there is always a way that you can get it for less than retail price, lol.

That Audioque seems like a pretty good option. Is there any places that you know of that sell it for less? I've noticed that there is always a way that you can get it for less than retail price, lol.
Audioque is a strait to end-user manufacturer. There are no dealers or retailers. The pricing is very competitive and all the items we offer are over built per the specs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.