Planet Audio RXD2400?

Participant count
  • Participant list

fly_marlin

CarAudio.com Elite
Anyone know anything about this amp? Just picked it up used/refurbished. Didn't do much research since will only be using it for 2 weeks max before my DD comes back. So far I like it better than Q1-1200D and it drives my subs well. This thing came with 175A external fuse with fuse holder. Also says "handcrafted in USA," which I don't necessarily buy. What's this thing actually worth and what does it actually put out?

Anyone know anything about this amp? Just picked it up used/refurbished. Didn't do much research since will only be using it for 2 weeks max before my DD comes back. So far I like it better than Q1-1200D and it drives my subs well. This thing came with 175A external fuse with fuse holder. Also says "handcrafted in USA," which I don't necessarily buy. What's this thing actually worth and what does it actually put out?
ive had one of these before, they are not bad amps IMO. They dont do rated but where tested a while back to and get pretty close for the money. ill say about 1800 watts and yes it will put out more then the Q1-1200d.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

were did you even find one of these. I havnt seen one in a while

This jewel of a store that's hidden in orange county. I have no idea how or where they get this stuff, but they have a crap ton of used stuff.
i had one but i never got to use it to its full potential. I wish i could find another one honestly. i went on line and found some birthsheets for them and claim to 2402 @ 1ohm out of the factory. It kind of makes me wonder what i could get out of one. I would like to run 24-2500 watts to my 2 15s, so that amp would be pretty ideal. How much did you pay for it?

i had one but i never got to use it to its full potential. I wish i could find another one honestly. i went on line and found some birthsheets for them and claim to 2402 @ 1ohm out of the factory. It kind of makes me wonder what i could get out of one. I would like to run 24-2500 watts to my 2 15s, so that amp would be pretty ideal. How much did you pay for it?
I got it for $150. Though, I've learned my lesson - if you're looking for 2500W, get something 3 to 3.5kw. If its fuse rating says anything, 1800W sounds right that amp.

Beach Audio?
Force Electronics in Santa Ana, off McFadden. The guy is used to dealing with "hey bro, I just need some bass" crowd, but as soon as I pulled up my TCs and said my DD is being repaired, he stopped trying to BS me. Original price he wanted for this amp was $350. Does Beach Audio also have a used selection?

Force Electronics in Santa Ana, off McFadden. The guy is used to dealing with "hey bro, I just need some bass" crowd, but as soon as I pulled up my TCs and said my DD is being repaired, he stopped trying to BS me. Original price he wanted for this amp was $350. Does Beach Audio also have a used selection?
They used to, haven't been there in many moons though.

I got it for $150. Though, I've learned my lesson - if you're looking for 2500W, get something 3 to 3.5kw. If its fuse rating says anything, 1800W sounds right that amp.
yea,when you factor in voltage drop and imp rise yea i would try to aim about 500 or so higher for the target watts your wanting. but these are 600 watt 15s so they dont require much to get loud. i was just tryna throw about 1k to each sub so 24-2500 watt amp would be good, or find 2 smaller ones for it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.