Pioneers Best HU??

Bigrick31
10+ year member

Carpe Diem
Mid*Cal
Im probably going to be getting $150 for my pioneer 6500 and i was wondering the best HU pioneer makes. now i know what the most expensive are however the most expensive arnt always the best. i wan a HU that puts out crisp clear music and has high voltage pre outs. i dont need any dvd screens or anything just a cd player if it happens to be one with a dvd screen then so be it. is the p9 really worth the money? or is there something better for a lot less. money is no issue here. what does everyone think.

The P9 combo is a great unit. Another good option is a "regular" CD player (like a Denford) with an Alpine H700 processor.

But, honestly, how much money are you lookin' to spend?? The DEH-P860MP is good, as is the 960.....if those have all the features you'd ever use. Not quite a P9 combo....but why spend the money if you aren't going to fully utilize the features?

depends on what you want. if you want time alignment and a 13 band eq and all that good stuff, a premier 860 would be great. my old premier 750 was a great deck that had 6 volt preouts and would be a good deck.

yea i want all the eq and that stuff i want the highest qualits of sound that i can get out of a HU i was thinking of the 9600mp but if its the same as the 860 then f it ill go with the 860. however if the p9 combo would blow that out of the water hands down id go with it. like i said before there is no price limit. i was gunna get the avicn1 but i can get seperate components to do a lot better for around the same price if not less.

yea i want all the eq and that stuff i want the highest qualits of sound that i can get out of a HU i was thinking of the 9600mp but if its the same as the 860 then f it ill go with the 860. however if the p9 combo would blow that out of the water hands down id go with it. like i said before there is no price limit. i was gunna get the avicn1 but i can get seperate components to do a lot better for around the same price if not less.

then i would go for the 860. pretty much the same as the 960 just the 960 has the dual display which pioneer has had some problems with it.

does the Alpine H700 out preform the 860 in terms of the eq and over all sq of the unit. and does it have the higher volt pre outs?

does the Alpine H700 out preform the 860 in terms of the eq and over all sq of the unit. and does it have the higher volt pre outs?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

H700 is on a completely different level than the 860. And preout voltage isn't all that important. If you have no noise with a lower preout level, the higher preout level ain't going to change anything.

well i was mening is it a noticeblae difference. in your opinion would it be money well spent. however i take from the "whole other level." coment that it would be worth the money.

It's WAY more flexible and has a TON more features. Sound quality differences could be debatable depending on who the talk to (the "all DAC's sound the same" crowd or the "audiophile" crowd)......so I'll leave that one alone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I will say, it definitely wouldn't sound any worse, and you'd be gaining 60+ more EQ bands and better crossover features.

Money well spent depends on whether or not you'd use all the extra features.

ahh err why didnt i think of that. i can get those and then get the fast and the furious subs from wallmart. I CAN BE LIKE VEN DIESEL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.