CD-5444 Sub won't change volume on non-fader

sanosuke001
10+ year member

req's apprentice ><
Ok, I set up a new sub this weekend and connected it to the non-fader RCA jacks. The front and rear speakers are on the correcponding RCA jacks. Now, I have never used the non-fader jacks so I might be missing something.

The volume does not affect the sub at all. I think this might have to do with it being on the non-fader channel (non-fade = doesn't fecking change) so I saw the non-fader level menu where I can change *something* but it doesn't seem to do anything.

My brother req thinks that my amp is getting a stronger signal that it needs so the volume doesn't change even with the non-fader levels in the HU and we have the gain at about 1/4 and now it's just quiet. Anyone know what's happening and how I can get my sub to change volume so I can hear it when the music is louder? Thanks a lot for anyone's help.

yep. basically his volume will change (front\rear RCA's) but the sub stays at the same level. it was too loud for him so i turned the gains down to match his listning level.

since the eclipse decks have higher preamp outputs, would that case any problems with the preamp input for the power acoustic 2hp (or whatever it is). there is a 'nonfader' controll on the HU, but it dosnt do a **** thing. we tried the volume, bass, and nonfader - but it does not change the subs output.

im kinda stumped. everything else seems to work perfectly fine.

oh yea, *I* did the install, you helped me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

weird....maybe that signal is too strong for that amp

input stage is probably not up to par......does it change at all? or just not significantly?

I was using 16v balanced pre-outs with me 8053 and BL adapter. My non-fader still worked brilliant (equivalent of the sub-out obviously). Check out the connections, also check under "sound" on the HU menus. peace

NG

just beat the **** thing, always fixes things around here
lol no thx. i guess ill play with it when he comes home. he is a computer nerd, he *should* be able to figure it out. but who knows. hopefully he is keepin his eye on this thread. thanks guys.

like i said, i got no idea what he is doin with the **** thing. if it were mine, itd be bumpin like woah, but its not. there are tons of settings, and its certainly not as easy as the alpine i got, and that isnt the easiest thing eaither.

TBH, im not quite sure. he will have to wait till he comes back, or figure it out himself =P

I'll look around in the settings when I get a chance. Too many classes, not enough free time :/ I also wish I grabbed the manual before I left home..... danmit

hahah - you picked it up too. i cant believe you sometimes steve0 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

its suposed to say in your glove compartment!

Pro mode = no sub level setting. Make sure you are not in pro mode.
I have an Eclipse 3434 and i don't think mine has a pro mode, although, there is a mode for "normal" and "reverse"

on the other hand, it could be the amp.

Supa_c told me to get an extra pair of rca cables, plug it into the amp, and touch the ends with your fingers. If you hear bass, its not the amp, if you don't it's the amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.