Pioneer vs Alpine

i dont know about all this alpine hands down stuff..

i had an admittedly cheaper alpine... the 9831 and it was a

b!tch to use and i didnt really like it at all...

i got a premier 860 pretty cheap on ebay and i like it A LOT

more than the alpine...

g30ffr3y what features do you like most about the Pioneer?, I am considering it, I do like its display and what Im reading about it. It just appears Alpine gets rated top dog for sound over and over. And customer reviews dont mention too many cons with Alpine..lemme know..MC

I have a premier 860. Cant compare it to any of the alpine models listed (no experience with them) but I will say that I love the sound out of the pioneer. If you dont want to mess with all the settings, use the supplied mic and just use the auto eq to set everything. Seems to do a pretty good job of balancing sound, without having to adjust every little thing like you said.

i have one of each and i like them both but now its time to get rid of them. i'm upgrading soon. i'm tryin 2 let my pioneer system go for 370 and the alpine for 450

g30ffr3y what features do you like most about the Pioneer?, I am considering it, I do like its display and what Im reading about it. It just appears Alpine gets rated top dog for sound over and over. And customer reviews dont mention too many cons with Alpine..lemme know..MC

the whole user interface is A LOT easier on the pioneer... especially making

adjustments while your driving which was nearly impossible with the alpine.

the pioneer is just more intuitive and ive got it sounding better than i ever

got the alpine to sound.

the screen on the premier is easy to read and even has 2 fonts in case you

dont like one. the movie thing does get old after a while so if thats something

thats enticing you on the premier it will quickly not be as beneficial as you

thought it would be... but it is a hell of a lot nicer than the alpines display and

a cool feature to have.

from what ive read the ipod thing for alpine is actually a big joke for anyone

with a ipod full of thousands of songs... im hoping the premier one will do

one better than the alpine... but i dont have it yet...

youll probably be happy with either on honestly. but even if the premier seems

to have more "confusing" features... they are easy to learn and once you get

it, tuning the premier is a breeze. on the other hand... even an alpine with less

features is going to be confusing for a long time... and frustrating if you cant get

it to sound all that good at all...

I would buy an eclipse over alpine or pioneer. If the ipod integration is THAT important to you, get the alpine(or check out clarion....they have an ipod controller available as well).

Good luck with whatever you buy.

Well I made the decision. I ordered a remanufact. Pioneer 860MP from Ebay for $310 shipped. Ive seen too much positive publicity from people here and other reviews on it to pass it up a the start for the center of my car's AV system. I like all its versatility and how it can be added on to. Plus it sounds like it has great sound quality and its easy to locate mp3's on a cd. I'll try to update again once I have it installed, it might be a while, because I know the Accord's a @$%( to get stuff into...Thanks for all your advice..MC

alpine pretty much has HU's on lock, but from what I've seen and heard Pioneer is on the same page of quality and popularity, either or you'd be good with any modern model of either brand

Ok thanks for clarifying the terms. How tough is it to integrate DVD/TV in with the 9833? I have a new Accord, it has a spot for a monitor below the climate controls..
Not hard at all. There is a wiring adapter that you will need to purchase for an auxilary input on the 9833. It cost $15 and plugs in where the CD changer would plug in on the back of the unit. Adapter to DVD player, then DVD player to monitor. Not hard at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.